Customer Service Apprentice DACRYLATE PAINTS LIMITED
If you are someone who is passionate about developing a career in marketing and customer services, and looking to join an innovative and vibrant team, then we want to hear from you.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
£173.25 to £334.13
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
07 Oct 2021
08 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Here at Dacrylate, we are committed to nurturing the talent within our business and live by a core philosophy of promoting from within. The skills and experience that you will acquire, due to the scope of the work you will be able to get involved in, is what really sets your role apart and makes it an invaluable career opportunity.
At Dacrylate, what you put in, you genuinely get out. It is a two-way street. You put the work in to achieve our shared goals and we provide unparalleled training and development opportunities.
You will be a passionate individual in the making, who will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. Your positive attitude, strong work-ethic, and desire to learn new skills and develop within our business, will shine through everything you do. You will be a good verbal and written communicator and comfortable picking the phone up to a customer.
It is a necessity that you are a highly organised, self-sufficient individual who thrives on deadlines - because the speed and reliability of what we do is of significant high-value to our customers. It is crucial you are able to work under your own initiative and take ownership of tasks. This is why exceptional organisation and time management skills are essential. As is having a real attention to detail and accuracy. Mastery is a mindset and one which comes from our people striving for excellence in the details. Throughout, you will actively maintain a trusted-partnership status with customers, through your exceptional customer service.
In your day-to-day role, you will be responsible for a number of tasks that will utilise your eye for detail and accuracy.
These include, but not limited to:
- Be part of the Customer Services Team and welcome customers. You will develop your customer services skills by taking telephone calls and answering customer’s queries. This will be processing orders and answering queries regarding orders and deliveries through our own fleet or carriers or liaising with other teams and departments to ensure that the customer needs are met
- Our complaints process, for both customers and internal errors is second to none. When things go wrong, you will be instrumental in putting them right, finding root causes and ultimately finding solutions for long-term prevention so that we do not repeat the failure!
- You will be responsible for assisting customers with unique colour formulations, colour matching and samples. Working with our laboratory team and colour-matchers to provide customers with products to a specific colour or providing our Distributors with formulations so that they can dispense special colours from their own paint dispenser using Dacrylate products
- Your attention to detail will be mastery when you are producing all the labelling for our products, liaising with our Production Team, and creating templates through branding guidelines in liaison with the Head of Marketing
- You will assist the Head of Marketing, Sustainability and Communications with marketing activities whether it be generating marketing materials, be involved in campaigns, or updating the website - new website soon to be launched! You will also be responsible for the social media across a multitude of platforms, recommending posts whether it be product related, news items or reposting customer content, along with monitoring media platforms for our customer and competitor contents and reporting appropriately
- You will produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports of customer related data and marketing analytics, and distribute them to Directors, Senior Management and Managers as appropriate
- We monitor our work through the use of key performance indicators, these help us understand our successes and failures. You will be responsible for producing monthly KPI’s for Customer Services and Marketing and Warehouse teams. As part of your role, you will ensure that the data is correct, annotating monthly performance notes and follow-up on any agreed actions within agreed timescales/deadlines
- As well as all that, with your organisation skills you will also assist with general office duties, whether it be distributing daily post to assisting the Managing Director!
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date.
Requirements and prospects
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detailConfidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Smart professional appearance
- Genuine interest in the sector
GCSE Grades A*-C or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9-4.
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
Dacrylate Paints are a chemical manufacture that specialises in supplying high performance coatings and paints. This is a superb career opportunity to join our team as a Marketing & Customer Services Assistant on an apprenticeship basis.
We are passionate about building trusted partnerships with customers and suppliers. Together, we make and deliver one of the widest ranges of high-performance coatings in the industry, covering a board spectrum of applications and customer requirements.
At Dacrylate, everything we do is about our people. We inspire each other to be the best they can be and by providing a great place to work for everyone no matter what role they do - We strive to achieve excellence in everything we do. This is especially shown through the nominations and awards that our previous apprentices have won as they continue their career at Dacrylate.
DACRYLATE PAINTS LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Laura Brown 01623 627 191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.