Apprentice Butcher Hedges Butchers
You will be working alongside one of Hedges talented, experienced butchers learning on the go. This is an excellent opportunity to start your career in butchery.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
08 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Cutting and breaking down bodies of beef, lamb, pork and poultry
- Dicing, mincing and packing produce
- Assisting with preparing displays
- Work as part of the team ensuring the company vision is always met
- Cleaning the preparation and produce areas that are used to maintain a safe and hygeinic environment
- Dealing with customers in a friendly and professional manner
Requirements and prospects
- Team player
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Flexible approach to learning
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about a career in butchery
- Commitment to working hard and completing training
- Good work ethic
- Polite and professional manner
- Friendly and approachable with customers.
No qualificated required, however a good standard of maths and English will be expected.
Upon successful completition of this apprenticeship, you may be offered a permanent position within the team, or a progression opportunity to an advanced butchey appenticeship.
Things to consider
You will be working in a chilled environment.
You must be confident handling meat.
You will be required to stand for long period of time and lift heavy produce from time to time (with guidance and assistance).
About the employer
Hedges first began trading in 1896 In Oxford's famous covered market. A specialist butcher selling high quality meat, poultry and game. Hedges now operates from a catering unit in Abingdom town centre and caters for Oxfordshires colleges, restaurants, schools and pubs.
CROSBY MANAGEMENT TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Crosby Management Training Ltd
Samantha Edwards 01902 837452 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Butchery Apprenticeship Standard.
- Level 2 Health and Safety
- Level 2 Food Safety
- Level 2 Knife Skills
- Functional Skills in maths & English (if you do not provide evidence that you've achieved A-C in GCSE or euivalent)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.