Kia Motor Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship Baldocks of Wivelsfield Ltd
Would you like a career as a mechanic working for Kia, a dynamic and exciting brand whose company ethos is 'Family-like Care'? Duties include investigation, repair and service of vehicles, producing estimates and carrying out diagnostics.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2021
07 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to become a fully qualified Vehicle Technician? Do you want to join the UK's most exciting and dynamic car brand whose company ethos is 'Family-like Care'? If the answer is yes, then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you.
Baldocks of Wilversfield are currently looking to recruit a Kia Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join the team at their busy dealership. This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified Kia technicians with the investigation, repair and service of vehicles
- Producing estimates
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Warranty work
- Assisting with MOTs on Kia vehicles
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Good customer service skills/ability to liaise at all levels
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to use own initiative
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Passionate about the automotive industry
- Forward thinking and keen to learn with an interest in development and progression
- Must have a 'can do' attitude
- Polite and courteous
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- Mechanically minded
Minimum entry requirements:
- Maths, English Language and ICT grades A*-C (new grading 9-4) or equivalent
There is the potential of a permanent role with the organisation upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, however, this will be determined by the employer.
Your salary shall be reviewed throughout your apprenticeship.
About the employer
Located on the B2112 between Haywards Heath and Ditchling, Mid Sussex.
Baldocks have over 45 years Renault experience and since 2015, we have also been a Kia Authorised Repairer. Our Sales Department offer an exciting range of nearly new cars and commercial vehicles as well as a range of quality used vehicles and are open 7 days a week.
Our authorised Renault and Kia Service Centre is constantly updated with the latest equipment and our technicians are all factory trained in order that your Renault or Kia will receive the very best attention. In addition to Renault and Kia, we service and repair many other makes of vehicles including BMW, Audi, Mercedes, VW, Ford, Vauxhall, Volvo and many more. We offer a very competitive "Fixed Price Servicing Scheme".
Baldocks of Wivelsfield Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Candidates will work towards achieving the Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship standard at level 3. They will also be required to study towards achieving level 2 maths and English functional skills if they do not already hold equivalent qualifications. The programme lasts for 36 months. The training incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges. Throughout the duration of the programme, the candidates will be expected to travel to EMTEC's training centre in Nottingham for 24 separate weeks to carry out skills training.
Regular visits to the dealership from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors will take place, who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace. Candidates will be expected to engage in self-directed learning outside of normal working hours, which will be monitored and tracked through an online e-portal. The apprentice, employer and provider are required to maintain a logbook that captures progress over the programme.
- On-going assessment of soft skills and behaviours
- A behaviour assessment
- Knowledge and understanding tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2
- Skills tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2
This is followed by the synoptic assessment, of which there are four components:
- Logbook (final year review to assess apprentice's progress)
- Behaviour Assessment Knowledge Test (an in-depth, online test exploring knowledge/understanding of the apprentice)
- Skills test (two-day practical examination of the skills of the apprentice)
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.