Apprentice Nursery Practitioner - For Under Fives, Lincoln, LN2 5QY, ref -SB6600 For Under Fives Nursery
Nursery Setting in Lincoln is looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice to join the team! Fantastic opportunity for a driven and passionate individual to join the team! You must be prepared to be a proactive member of the team, providing a safe, stimulating, and inclusive environment in which children are supported.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
08 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Main duties will include:
- To implement and promote all For Under Fives policies and the Staff Rules
- To understand children's development, their needs, and the provision of positive play
- To demonstrate a genuine care for children
- To care for and supervise the group of children assigned to them
- To always ensure their safety
- To take an interest in the children and their families, to always treat them as individuals and with respect
- To create an interesting and stimulating environment for the child to develop all their skills
- To always provide a warm and caring environment for babies and to be as consistent as possible regarding that environment
- To provide support for any children with special needs and to liaise with senior members of staff to promote their welfare and development
- To ensure positive management of children’s behaviour
- To carry out housekeeping duties as appropriate
- To ensure the ethos, implementation, and legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage To support a commitment to the theory and practice of equal opportunities
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Scheme check at Enhanced level.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience working with children including babysitting
- Good communication skills
- Work well within a team
- Great personality
- Good manners
- Able to use own initiative
- Team player
- Motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Able to take direction
- Relevant skills for working with groups of children aged 0-5 years
- Passion for childcare
Level 2 qualification in Childcare (or equivalent) experience.
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent).
For the successful candidate there may be further progression and employment.
Things to consider
- Two satisfactory relevant references
- Satisfactory DBS disclosure check
- To undertake relevant training towards a Hopscotch and Ofsted approved childcare qualification
- To demonstrate that you can read effectively and are able to communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written standard English
About the employer
‘Every child deserves the best possible start in life and support to fulfil their potential. A child’s experience in the early years has a major impact on their future life chances. A secure, safe and happy childhood is important in its own right, and it provides the foundation for children to make the most of their abilities as they grow up’ (DfES, 2007:2)
This sets out what we will aim to achieve for your child, by providing high quality care and learning experiences which are child centered we can treat every child as an individual by identifying any particular needs and requirements.
Our fully trained, qualified, and dedicated staff ensure that your child is prepared for the future using a play-based curriculum (EYFS).
By working in partnership with parents we will provide a holistic approach to your child’s growth and development ensuring that children, parents, and families have the best possible experience from our nurseries.
Our Nursery Vision
We pride ourselves on being inclusive settings. The nursery vision which is promoted by the Nursery teams is that each child is unique with individual needs; we are committed to ensuring that each child reaches their full potential
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions
Sally Baldwin 07764966256 email@example.com
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Educator
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.