Apprentice Butcher Woolley Bros Ltd
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to become a skilled boner/butcher within a well-established, award winning wholesale butchers at the Woolley Brothers premises near Sheffield. This can be the first step on the road to a career in management for the right candidate.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
£300.00 - £400.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
08 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The job role will include the following duties:
- Work as a team player helping with packing of beef
- The successful applicant will be required to bone and trim beef, preparing for wholesale orders for our customers, as well as other general duties
- Cleaning the preparation and production areas that are used to maintain a safe and hygienic working environment
- To work as part of a close team to ensure the company's vision is met
Requirements and prospects
- Team player
- Flexible approach to learning
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about their work
- Commitment to work hard and complete your training
- Good work ethic
- Polite and professional manner
No specific qualifications are required, however good maths and English will be expected.
If you do not have an A-C/8-4 GCSE in maths and English or equivalent you will be required to achieve a Level 1 in functional skills.
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship there will be an opportunity to progress into a full time Advanced Beef Boner.
Things to consider
You will be working in a chilled environment and will be expected to be active for long periods of time. The ability to handle meat is essential to the role as well as using a knife and other equipment safely.
About the employer
Established in 1979 Woolley Brothers Butchers is a family owned business which has been supplying Retail butchers, caterers, other wholesalers, and supermarkets for many years.
Woolley Brothers operate from an Abattoir and Meat packing plant premises near Sheffield.
Woolley Bros Ltd
CROSBY MANAGEMENT TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Crosby Management Training Ltd
Sam Edwards firstname.lastname@example.org
Full training will be provided on an on-going basis by your employer and training provider. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week. You will learn essential manual and knife skills over the course of the programme. You will also gain the following qualifications:
- Butchery Level 2
- Health and Safety Level 2
- Food Safety Level 2
- Knife Skills Level 2
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.