Facilities Services Apprenticeship INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
The role of a Facilities Operative Apprentice is to support the smooth running of the facilities site/sites. This will include supporting the facilities team and manager in ensuring that the facility is safe, auditing the site and support in the scheduling of site work plus providing support for various members of staff.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 33.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
07 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
These may vary site-to-site but are likely to encompass:
- Support the delivery of the responsibilities of the Facilities Services function in complying with health and safety and other legislation and organizational policies and procedures
- Address FS-related Risks, hazards and threats to people, property and premises
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers to ensure the effective delivery of a range of facilities services
- Support the delivery of FS projects
- Maintain soft FS services
- Complete the above duties in compliance with the organisation/schools policies and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail, follow basic instructions well
- Hand on skills able to use tools
- Knows basic hazards to look out for and how to minimise risks
- Works well within a team environment, you will work alongside other members of staff, so this is very important
- Strong work ethic, punctual manner
- Can use own initiative to resolve issues when management is unable to assist
- Confident attitude towards all daily responsibilities
- Cautious and vigilant
- Pro active
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grades A*- C/9-4, including English and maths
- Full-time employment
Things to consider
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities:
- Let Me Play, LMP Education and Sporting Education are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Inspire ATA Ltd. is a not-for-profit social enterprise set up to make a difference. We specialise in working with a wide range of clients (nationwide) that want to take on excellent Apprentices. We recruit and employ all of our Apprentices and then arrange amazing placements with our partners and clients whilst providing ongoing support. We also arrange and quality assure the training through our partner apprenticeship training providers.
Our vision is “to inspire ambition and widen horizons” and this is something that is totally embedded in all that we do. Our ATA creates apprenticeship jobs and opportunities that otherwise wouldn’t exist for people, allowing them to raise their aspirations. A lot of our work is with schools, so we love the fact that our Apprentices go on to inspire children of all ages. We inspire to inspire!
We want to have a positive impact on society with the work we do, and we encourage individuals to be good citizens that contribute to the wider community. Our focus for 2020 is all around the development and wellbeing of our Apprentices – you will often see us use the hashtag #LearnerFirst.
We operate nationally but we are based in Hammersmith & Fulham in London and have twice come runner up in their annual business awards for Best Social Enterprise or Charity (2016 and 2017).
Additional location information
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Will Moffat 07716293425 firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities Services Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
Training is provided by LMP Education through dedicated tutors who will regularly meet with the apprentice monthly to carry out learning sessions.
This qualification allows learners to develop and practice skills required for employment and/or career progression in the facilities sector, achieved through tailored training on the following;
- Routine and non-routine waste
- Working safety at heights
- Moving and transport
- Safety and security awareness
- Developing customer relationships
Facilities services operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.