ATA - Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
We believe that it is the duty of all of us working at Alexander McLeod Primary School to make differences to improve our children’s learning each day, every day. These changes are made in the belief that they will have a transformational effect on our children’s lives.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 33.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
07 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Support the teacher within the classroom and help students with the understanding of the work the teacher has supplied
- Raise standards of achievement for all pupils
- Encourage pupils to become more independent learners
- Provide support for their emotional, social, and physical welfare
- Support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life
- Work under the direction of the line manager, class teachers and other staff to support the learning of whole classes, selected groups or individuals as instructed
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of/willingness to learn about how children develop
- How to support children in literacy and/or numeracy; how children learn and how to motivate them, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of/willingness to learn about behaviour management strategies
- Able to communicate and break down information to make it learnable
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- A confident communicator
- Professionally presented
- Punctual and reliable
- Problem solving and ability to set up class activities
GCSE (or equivalent) English and maths, grades A*-C/9-4 or Functional Skills Level 2.
- Possible progression for the right applicant
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Inspire ATA Limited is acting as an apprentice training agency (ATA) and will engage you for the duration of the apprenticeship and pay your salary
- You should be aware that the company/business named in this vacancy is a host employer and you will not be employed by them
- Your placement may change during the course of your apprenticeship
About the employer
Inspire ATA Ltd. is a not-for-profit social enterprise set up to make a difference. We specialise in working with a wide range of clients (nationwide) that want to take on excellent Apprentices. We recruit and employ all of our Apprentices and then arrange amazing placements with our partners and clients whilst providing ongoing support. We also arrange and quality assure the training through our partner apprenticeship training providers.
Our vision is “to inspire ambition and widen horizons” and this is something that is totally embedded in all that we do. Our ATA creates apprenticeship jobs and opportunities that otherwise wouldn’t exist for people, allowing them to raise their aspirations. A lot of our work is with schools, so we love the fact that our Apprentices go on to inspire children of all ages. We inspire to inspire!
We want to have a positive impact on society with the work we do, and we encourage individuals to be good citizens that contribute to the wider community. Our focus for 2020 is all around the development and wellbeing of our Apprentices – you will often see us use the hashtag #LearnerFirst.
We operate nationally but we are based in Hammersmith & Fulham in London and have twice come runner up in their annual business awards for Best Social Enterprise or Charity (2016 and 2017).
Additional location information
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Will Moffat email@example.com
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
This training programme focuses on developing classroom delivery and work within schools.
The Diploma aims to grow your existing skillset in the following key areas:
- Increased mastery of the critical stages of child and adolescent development
- Enhance understanding of the types of influences that can affect this development
- Become fully adept in supporting teachers with the planning of activities, as well as creating own activity plans
- Evaluation of personal performance in relation to supporting literacy, numeracy, and ICT
- Amplify knowledge of safeguarding, and emergency procedures
- Understand legislation with regard to confidentiality, data protection, and information sharing
Level 3 (A level)