Learning and Development Apprentice MARLOWE FIRE & SECURITY LIMITED
You will support the Learning and Development Manager in delivering a Learning and Development plan for the group of Fire and Security businesses. You will have the exposure to lots of new initiatives and projects to support your own development.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 38.75
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
13 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Reporting to the Learning and Development Manager, you will be responsible for all administrative duties for the Learning and Development Department, this includes use of MS Office and the ability to working with cloud-based Learning Management portals and databases.
- Deliver a first-class customer service for all our internal customers, ensuring all contact/queries are responded to and questions answered in a timely manner
- Build strong relationships with our internal customers, learn about the business, and understand what training needs are required within different departments
- Coordinate internal and external training courses and work closely external training providers, building good rapport and be the go-to contact for queries
- Support the delivery of the weekly induction to all new starters, working with
- Update training records for all team members across MFSG, and support the delivery of the training section within the HR Information System
- Maintain all L&D systems with most up to date information
- Administer learning platforms
- Create reports using data from L&D systems for individual departments and to support the L&D board report submission
- Raise purchase orders and be responsible for invoice queries
- Administer and keep up to date the Apprentice Levy pot for MFSG
- Manage training inbox and post, ensuring all communication is responded to in a timely manner
- Set up training environments
- General admin tasks and any other adhoc duties and project appropriate within the role.
Requirements and prospects
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Attention to Detail in all written work
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially in Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Personable and has a strong work ethic
- Organised and can work independently
- Excited to work in a learning and development environment
- Is able to recognise the need to learn the administration first, then develop to more delivery and project led work - in this for the long-term career
- 5 GCSE's grades 9-4 (A*-C) or equivalent
- This position can potentially be eligible for a permanent role
Things to consider
- Working day to day in an office, organising the work of Engineers, mandatory training is a necessity to ensure compliance for these key workers.
- The department is developing and has been poorly run in the past. Exciting opportunity to work closely with the L&D manager to build something really impactful. Long term career opportunities are possible here.
- Security screening - BS5878 and DBS basic check needed
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Marlowe Fire & Security provides a total, end to end, fire and security solution to commercial, public sector and residential customers throughout the UK. From initial design, supply and installation, through to ongoing maintenance and monitoring, we maintain the capability to help prevent, detect and monitor your fire and security risks.Our ongoing commitment to Compliance and Best Practice ensures that every industry standard and all current legislation is adhered to, providing you with peace of mind throughout our partnership. Application of new technology for the benefit of our customers is a cornerstone of our business, exemplified by our 24/7 Innovation Centre which actively monitors thousands of sites, every night. Key to our success is the culture of connectivity that runs throughout our national operation. We believe that our greatest asset is our people. We recruit only the best in class and retain them through continually investing in their development.
INTEC BUSINESS COLLEGES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Intec Business Colleges
Charlie Stevens 07766504418 email@example.com
- Learning and Development Practitioner Level 3 Standard
- Functional Skills to be provided if required
Learning and development practitioner
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.