Front of House Apprentice Cafe Sapore
Café Sapore are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as a Front of House apprentice. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
07 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Café Sapore are excited to offer a fabulous opportunity the chance to work as part of a team to ensure that every customer feels welcomed and look after:
Duties will include:
- Serve all customers in a friendly, polite and efficient manner
- Delivering food and beverage to customers
- Greeting of customers, taking payments
- Ensuring high standards of hygiene and product knowledge
- To comply with all company Health, Safety, Fire and Hygiene policies, taking care of personal safety and also that of members of your team, customers and visitors
- Knowing what promotions are on offer and updating personal knowledge of products and menu content
- Liaise with management and your colleagues ensuring tasks are carried out efficiently
Requirements and prospects
- Keen and willing to learn
- Punctual and reliable
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Enjoy working with/interacting with people
- Hardworking with a passion for the hospitality industry
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Personal hygiene must be maintained
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, keen to learn, punctual, reliable, honest and trustworthy and ambitious
A good functional standard of maths and English GCSE A*-D/9-3 or equivalent would be an advantage.
Potentially there will be an option to move on to a higher-level qualification once you have finished level 2 there is also a chance of an excellent career progression within the company.
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
A modern licensed cafe-deli-bistro located in Hartburn, Stockton-on-Tees. We provide an all-day service, presented in stylish and relaxed surroundings, making us the perfect venue for a coffee and cake, a glass of wine with antipasti, or something from the menu. Additionally, authentic deli products are available for purchase from our small deli section.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member qualification
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.