Apprentice Agricultural Service Engineer R J Lambert Contracting
We have an exciting opportunity at R J Lambert Contracting to join the team as an Agricultural Engineer. You will be assisting with repair/maintenance of all types of tractors telehandler and machinery. Feel this could be the role for you? Apply today!
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
04 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
A great opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Agricultural Engineering Technician for a well-established firm to service and maintain customer’s machinery.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Servicing and maintaining a variety of large agricultural equipment
- Repairing machinery including telehandlers and tractors
- Adherence to Health and Safety practices at all time
- You will be learning all aspects of servicing and repair of the machinery that works in this industry
- Performing basic service tasks & developing core engineering skills
- Progressing to perform more complex service & repair tasks on site
- Assisting qualified Technicians as needed
- Reporting to a mentor regarding ongoing activities and progression
Requirements and prospects
- Some engineering knowledge and skills are desirable
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication and interaction with people
- An interest in agricultural machinery and engineering
- Good time keeping
- Good work ethic
- Ability to work within a close-knit team
- A willingness to learn is essential
- A desire to progress within the company
- GCSE English Language - Grade C (4/5) or equivalent
- GCSE maths - Grade C (4/5) or equivalent
Those candidates who have predicted grades or do not hold at current a GCSE Grade 4 in English and maths will undertake a diagnostic assessment to determine their curent level of working.
Good prospects and progression within the company which may lead to full time, permanent employment.
Things to consider
This is a varied role, working within a workshop and also outdoors. You will be working in a small team. This role requires a flexible person who is willing to work overtime as required.
Although not essential, driving licence/own vehicle would be benfitical due to the locaton of work. Candidate should be willing to work towards a licence if they do not already hold one.
About the employer
R J Lambert Contracting is a small firm based in South Leicestershire. They provide a range of agricultural contracting and engineering services as well as equine paddock maintenance.
Agricultural engineering services are available for all types of tractor, telehandler and machinery, with dealer trained experience in Claas tractors and Manitou.
R J Lambert Contracting has 10 years experience in repair and maintenance of construction plant equipment from a 1ton digger up to a 340ton face shovel and everything in between.
BMC (BROOKSBY MELTON COLLEGE)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Brooksby Melton College
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard Land-Based Service Engineering Technician
- Level 2 English Functional Skills - if required
- Level 2 maths Functional Skills - if required
- End point Assessment
This is a 3-year programme with requirement to attend Brooksby Melton College on a Block release. Block release will be 5 weeks across the academic year in Year 1, 10 weeks across Year 2 and Year 3.
Land-based service engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.