Apprentice Commis Chef Harvey Nichols & Co Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, passionate aspiring chef who wants to join our creative kitchen at Harvey Nichols Leeds and develop their skills and knowledge, to grow within the team.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
07 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Looking for a confident, resilient team player, who is willing to learn. You must be able to work/ learn under pressure whilst maintaining a calm attitude.
You will be trained to be able:
- Demonstrate interest in food products/dishes asking relevant questions to further knowledge
- Co-ordinate and carry-out regular stock takes
- Maintain the safe use of equipment, reporting any faulty or damaged equipment to the relevant manager on duty
- Communicate any relevant information presented to you to the appropriate manager
- Ensure health and safety practices are adhered to, as well as food hygiene regulations and security procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Basic Knife skills
- Basic knowledge of a kitchen
- Communication skills
- Resilient, with a willing to learn and take direction
- Passion and creativity for cooking is a must
- You must be able to work/ learn under pressure whilst maintaining a calm attitude
- Drive and energy (with a sense of humour!)
- Creativity with a hunger to learn
Desirable that the candidate holds maths, English grade 4 / C and above in GCSE or equivalent, however, not essential. If the candidate does not hold one or either of the qualifications then they will need to complete functional skills level 1 and 2 alongside their apprenticeship standard.
To be hired as a full-time member of the team.
Things to consider
Shifts may vary in accordance to the needs of the business. This may include weekend and evening work.
Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Since Harvey Nichols first opened in Knightsbridge in 1831, it has led the way in sourcing the most desirable and cutting-edge designer brands. Recognised as the UK's premier luxury fashion retailer, Harvey Nichols is internationally renowned for its expertly edited fashion and beauty merchandise, premium food and wine offer and award-winning restaurants. Harvey Nichols has seven stores within the UK and Ireland, consisting of four large-format stores in London, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester, and three small-format stores in Birmingham, Bristol and Dublin. The new beauty concept store, Beauty Bazaar, Harvey Nichols, opened in Liverpool in November 2012. All UK stores have luxury Foodmarkets and Restaurants, Cafés or Brasseries. Harvey Nichols also owns and operates OXO Tower Restaurant, Bar and Brasserie on the South Bank in London.
LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Leeds City College 0113 284 6464 firstname.lastname@example.org
Commis Chef level 2
18 months practical period and 3 months EPA. Total of 21 months on programme.
Mode of delivery: Delivered in the workplace and weekly college attendance based at our Printworks, Hunslet, Leeds, LS10 1JY.
At the end of your Apprenticeship training you will have achieved:
- Level 2 Apprenticeship – Commis Chef
- Subject to whether you need to complete functional skills, you will also achieve this if applicable by the end of your apprenticeship
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.