Apprentice Accountant A J Hart Accountants Limited
The role will involve learning from an experienced team in a wide range of accounting an taxation tasks. This will include general office duties and assisting in the preparation of various client assignments.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2021
07 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties to include:
- Assisting with preparation of sole trader accounts and tax work
- Assisting with the preparation of company accounts
- Assisting with audit engagements, where appropriate
- Analysing client records to assist with various tasks including VAT work and management accounts
- Learning to use Cloud-based accounting and associated systems
- General office tasks, including filing
- Assisting senior team members with a variety of ad-hoc work
Requirements and prospects
- Due to the nature of the role, the apprentice must be numerate and be keen to learn
- Must have a good level if IT knowledge, though training will be given on computer systems being used
- Literate – an ability to be able to write documents in a clear and concise manner
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be willing to learn and have a keen interest in accounting
- Ability to work in a team
- Hard working
- Friendly and approachable
- Candidates will ideally have a minimum of 4 GCSE's A-C 9-4 grade
- A* - B, 9-5 GCSE (or equivalent qualifications) in Maths & English are essential for this role
- No other qualifications are required as full training will be given
Ideally the apprentice will gain an industry-recognised accounting qualification and progress to further professional exams if they wish. The firm is an ICAEW authorised training office and can therefore offer the right candidate the opportunity to become a Chartered Accountant.
Due to the growth of the firm and plans for the future, there is opportunity for the candidate to have a key role in the future of the business.
Things to consider
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate as the firm can offer experience in a wide range of types of work that will benefit the candidate if they want to progress their accounting career. They will learn from a team with vast experience who are keen to teach and provide an environment the help the candidate become a professional accountant.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are a firm of Chartered Accountants and Registered Auditors providing a range of accounting, taxation and audit services to a wide range of clients
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Craven College
Sarah Haworth 01756 693681 firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an Advanced Apprenticeship in Accounting and will include a combination of on and off the job training in the workplace. You will have monthly mentoring and guidance at work from a Craven College Learning & Development Advisor alongside weekly college attendance. At the end of the apprenticeship you will be entered to undertake an End Point Assessment, conducted by an external assessor, to complete your Apprenticeship.
There is an option to sit Level 3 AAT exams as part of the Apprenticeship
More information on course content and assessment methods will be discussed at interview.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.