Engineering Apprentice - Toolmaker Pathway Alwayse Engineering Ltd
Apprentice required to learn Toolmaking skills including servicing and repairing tooling and using lathes, millers and bench fittings to manufacture new tools.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2021
06 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This is a four year apprenticeship resulting in a Level 3 Advanced Engineering Apprenticeship. Training will include attending college three days per week for the first 18 months at In-Comm Training Services, Aldridge, WS9 8UG. Please be prepared to travel there.
The job role will include:
- Using a lathe, miller, driller, grinder and saws
- Bench fitting
- Understanding all types of press tools
- Servicing of tooling
- Repairing tooling
- Manufacturing new tools
Requirements and prospects
- Interest in engineering - preferably studied at school or hobbies
- Good verbal and written communications
- Good maths skills
- Able to work independently or with other team members
- Willing to commit to learning and completing this apprenticeship
- GCSE, or equivalents, grades A*-C (9-4) in maths, English and science - as a minimum
- To progress to a qualified toolmaker role
- Alwayse Engineering are committed to training and would support the right candidate with further education to HNC and HND
Things to consider
- Please ensure you are able to travel college in Aldridge, WS9 8UG
About the employer
Formed in 1939, Alwayse Engineering is the market leading manufacturer of Ball Transfer Units. The Company employs more than 70 people in its purpose built manufacturing and office facility based in Birmingham, UK. Over 70% of its production is exported to over 60 countries worldwide, which has led to Alwayse Engineering being awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade on two occasions. Alwayse Ball Units & Castors are used in all industries throughout the world with over 2 million units being sold every year. Alwayse Engineering Limited is quality registered to ISO 9001.
IN-COMM TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones 01922 457686
This is a four year apprenticeship which will result in an Advanced Engineering Apprenticeship qualification. You will be required to attend college, In-Comm Training Services in Aldridge, WS9 8UG, three days per week for the first 18 months and two days per week at the company. After this time, you will attend college one day per week for the remainder of the apprenticeship.
Training at college will include the following:
- Business Improvement Techniques
- Bench Fitting
- CNC Machining
- Maintenance of Mechanical Systems and Fluid Power Systems
All apprentices will be required to achieve as a minimum:
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking end point assessment
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.