Purchasing Administrator Apprentice Harlow Bros Ltd
Due to ever growing demand an opportunity has become available to provide administrative support to the purchasing department at Long Whatton, ensuring that a professional, high quality and compliant service is maintained at all times and contributes to departmental and wider business objectives.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
£9,609.60 - £18,532.80
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
04 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This role will offer a broad spectrum of duties day to day with a work programme based both within a yard environment (product awareness/manual handling) as well as in the office with clerical responsibilities and duties as follows.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist with maintaining administrative procedures and systems, booking in stock, producing appropriate documentation and labels. Invoice checking and matching
- To perform general administration duties in line with departmental objectives to include; maintaining general files, preparation of documentation, data entry, dealing with telephone calls, completing, and processing standard purchasing paperwork
- To learn to accurately update and maintain Bistrack computer system records and files and how to manage the data
- To communicate primarily with internal departments, in addition to suppliers when required by colleagues
- To utilise Bistrack for the purpose of procurement related activities: generating purchase orders etc.
- To review and help manage product stock levels according to sales history and manufacturers lead times
- To support the purchasing team and correspond with suppliers regarding price updates and any product availability and delivery issues
- To provide support for purchasing related projects under the direction and guidance of colleagues
- Any other duties as required in order to meet business objectives
Candidates must have experience with computer systems, together with strong attention to detail, a professional telephone manner and the ability/motivation to learn the workings of the department, yard, customers, and branches.
Full training will be given.
Requirements and prospects
- Work effectively in a team
- Good professional telephone manner
- Good time management
- Good attention to detail
- Organised, flexible and able to multi task
- Methodical and self-motivated
- IT literate with experience of using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate at all levels
5 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade C/4 or above including English and maths. Evidence of English and maths certificates will be required at recruitment stage.
The company also aim to offer the apprentice a permanent role at the end of the training (subject to successfully completing the Apprenticeship and objectives).
Things to consider
Your place of work will be at Harlow Bros in Long Whatton and your Training Provider is Loughborough College based in the heart of Loughborough. Comfortable travel to both locations should be considered before you apply.
Additional training to take place at Loughborough College to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviours to accordance to this Apprenticeship.
Loughborough College has the right to close this vacancy before the end date.
Salary per annum:
16-17 - £9,609.6 (4.62 p/h), 18-20 - £13,644.80 (6.56 p/h), 21-22 - £17,388.80 (8.36 p/h), 23+ - £18,532.80 (8.91 p/h).
About the employer
A family owned business, Harlow have over 90 years' experience in Timber, Engineered Timber, Manufactured Buildings and more. From manufacture to merchanting, Harlow have the expertise to advise, supply or support you in any project or build.
Harlow Timber (Harlow’s Timber Sales and Merchant Brand) has branches in Burton-upon-Trent, Coalville, Derby, Hinckley, Kidderminster, Long Whatton, Leicester and Nottingham, stocking a wide range of Timber and Timber related products.
Open to Trade and Public alike, our Branches carry ranges of Timber, Sheet Materials, Engineered Timber, Windows, Doors and Worktops, as well as an extensive section of Tools and Accessories. Our experienced staff are always on hand to advise and aid you with any project or goal.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Hayley Cousins 01509 517 151 email@example.com
- L3 Apprenticeship Standard in Business Administrator
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio based interview
- Project presentation
- 14 sessions delivered at Loughborough (Thursday mornings)
- Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
- Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor
- Attendance to Loughborough College for Functional Skills (if required)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.