Office Administrator Apprentice Harlow Bros Ltd
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Office Administrator with Harlow Bros. based at our site in Loughborough.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
£9,609.60 - £18,532.80
Total hours per week: 39.75
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
03 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This is a very fast paced, busy environment, working within an established team.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the role will consist of the following duties and responsibilities supporting a range of duties within the sales & administration function:
- To provide an efficient, timely and accurate administration support service to the I-Beam Department, whilst learning new systems to further enhance the clerical / administrative I-Beam Systems.
- Ensuring the accurate and proficient maintenance of filing systems
- Fielding queries in a professional and efficient manner, and thereafter relay the queries to the relevant team member
- Helping to resolve invoice queries
- Accurate data input
- Supporting the Designers and the Departmental Management Team
- Ensuring the timely and proficient response to all general e-mail’s
- Assisting in making appointments for the Design Team
- Compiling Departmental Reports
- Ensuring post is dealt with
- Undertaking photocopying and all other administrative support
- Sales and customer support/relations
- To act in in a safe and responsible manner in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy
**The above is not an exhaustive list but a guidance of what is expected for this role**
Full training will be provided.
Requirements and prospects
- Work effectively in a team
- Good professional telephone manner
- Good time management
- Good attention to detail
- Organised, flexible and able to multi task
- Methodical and self-motivated
- IT literate with experience of using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate at all levels
5 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade C/4 or above including English and maths. Evidence of English and maths certificates will be required at recruitment stage.
The company also aim to offer the apprentice a permanent role at the end of the training (subject to successfully completing the Apprenticeship and objectives).
Things to consider
- Free Onsite Parking
- Monday to Friday
- 10% Discount across Harlow Bros. Branches
- Employee ‘Perks’ Platform - PERKBOX
- In House Training and Recognised Qualifications
Your place of work will be at Harlow Bros, Loughborough and your Training Provider is Loughborough College based in the heart of Loughborough. Comfortable travel to both locations should be considered before you apply.
Additional training to take place at Loughborough College to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviours to accordance to this Apprenticeship.
Loughborough College has the right to close this vacancy before the end date.
About the employer
A family owned business, Harlow have over 90 years' experience in Timber, Engineered Timber, Manufactured Buildings and more. From manufacture to merchanting, Harlow have the expertise to advise, supply or support you in any project or build.
Harlow Timber (Harlow’s Timber Sales and Merchant Brand) has branches in Burton-upon-Trent, Coalville, Derby, Hinckley, Kidderminster, Long Whatton, Leicester and Nottingham, stocking a wide range of Timber and Timber related products.
Open to Trade and Public alike, our Branches carry ranges of Timber, Sheet Materials, Engineered Timber, Windows, Doors and Worktops, as well as an extensive section of Tools and Accessories. Our experienced staff are always on hand to advise and aid you with any project or goal.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Hayley Cousins 01509 517 151 firstname.lastname@example.org
- L3 Apprenticeship Standard in Business Administrator
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio based interview
- Project presentation
- 14 sessions delivered at Loughborough (Thursday mornings)
- Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
- Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor
- Attendance to Loughborough College for Functional Skills (if required)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.