Apprentice Hairdressing Technician Meraki Hair & Beauty
We have an apprentice opportunity at our salon based in Willingham. This position will suit either a new apprentice looking to start their career, or ideally for a candidate looking to complete their Level 2 Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 09 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
19 Feb 2022
03 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Salon responsibilities will include:
- Greeting clients as the arrive
- Dealing with payments and appointment bookings
- Shampooing, draping and brushing out a client's hair before the cut or style
- Preparing colour treatments
- Supplying refreshments to clients
- Maintaining the presentation of the salon at all times
- Cutting clients hair with close mentoring support and training provided
Requirements and prospects
- Passionate for great customer service
- Has a creative flair and passionate to learn the hairdressing profession
- Is presentable in appearance
- You will be able to work as part of a small and successful team
- Good time keeping
- Is trustworthy
- Minimum grade 3 or D in GCSE’s, or equivalents, English & maths
- This Apprenticeship (at Level 2) could lead to a permanent Hairdressing Technician role and the chance to continue on to a Level 3
Things to consider
You will be working in the salon 4 days a week with 1 day a week at Cambridge Regional College.
The hairdressing profession is a creative and rewarding industry and the employer will provide close mentoring support to progress to become qualified. The very nature of the job role as a hairdresser means standing at long periods and good body posture is important. Will be required to work Saturday’s and extended shifts during the week.
The apprentice will be offered a uniform.
The salon is located within Willingham with access to public transport, although this is a limited service.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Meraki is a Greek phrase that means ‘to do something with soul, creativity or love; when you leave a piece of yourself in your work’.
Here at Meraki we believe that the key approach of our salon business is to ensure our clients look and feel fabulous by thorough consultations based on their personality, lifestyle, skin tones and face shape. We offer excellent customer service and creative styles with professional hair product treatments.
The Meraki team are experienced, fully qualified technicians able to cater for all our clients’ needs. We have been open for business for 4 years, are a small and growing salon – we will provide the close mentoring support and a friendly environment for the successful apprentice to join our team based in Willingham.
Meraki Hair & Beauty
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
- You will be undertaking a Level 2 Apprenticeship to become a Hair Professional and achieve a level 2 diploma
- Opportunities to progress on to Level 3 for the right candidate.
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English & maths (exemptions apply)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.