Business Administration Apprenticeship Hednesford Valley Health Centre
Excellent opportunity to receive training and development as a business admin apprentice at a large and modern GP surgery in Hednesford.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
04 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You will learn a wide range of medically based administration and reception duties and will always be on duty with experienced staff.
- Front of House meet & greet, check-in and query handling
- In-coming and outgoing telephone work
- Administration of clinical correspondence – both paper based and electronic
- Booking appointments for long term condition health checks
- Liaison with doctors and nurses
- Problem investigation & solving for patients and doctors
- Part of a medium sized reception / admin team
- Comprehensive on the job training & support
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Problem solving skills
- Positive approach
- Good time keeping
- Problem Solving
- Friendly and empathetic
- Ability to multi task
- Good customer service
- Effective communication
- Grades A-C English or equivalent, Grade D maths or equivalent
- At the end of the apprenticeship there may be the possibility of a permanent position
Things to consider
A DBS check will be carried out for this position.
2 references will be required prior to starting employment.
This role can at times be very busy and very demanding. Whilst you will always be very well supported, at times you will encounter patients who are upset and very occasionally frustrated patients.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
About the employer
We are an NHS Doctors Surgery and General Practice (GP) providing Healthcare in Hednesford near Cannock, Staffordshire.
Our mission is "To improve the health and wellbeing of our patient population, we are committed to provide a high standard of care within a safe environment".
CITY OF WOLVERHAMPTON COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Wolverhampton College
Lauren Childs email@example.com
During the level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship you will develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to pass the End Point Assessment and to become a competent and successful administrator within the practice.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.