Land Based Service Engineer Apprenticeship V Mounce & Sons
Well established family business in the Lifton area repairing anything with an engine, from the smallest to biggest are able to offer a varied apprenticeship role. The business carries out a wide variety of work including engine rebuilds, punctures repairs, trailer brakes, vehicle brakes, electrical testing and lots more.
Closing date: 27 Jul 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2021
03 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Day to day duties include:
- Keeping tools and workshop tidy
- Checking parts
- Preparing vehicles for repairs to include steam cleaning
- Securing vechicles and machines prior to repair
- Stripping down engines
- Maintenance and repair work on farm machinery
- Repairs on tractors and engines
- Gearbox repairs and rebuilds
- Hydraulics and electrics
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiasm and a strong willingness to learn
- Some skills with using tools would be an advantage
- Use initiative
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Physical strength
- Sense of humour
Must hold a minimum GCSE grade 3/D in English and maths.
Could lead to permanent employment upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Candidates must have their own reliable transport in place as the placement is based in a rural location.
Candidates must also be able to find their own way to the college placement.
About the employer
The business also fabricates many different ranges of steel work, from brackets to stables as well as dealing with problems with head gasket blowing.-our head facer is big enough to work on six cylinder heads or a 6 cylinder block.
The business has close links with Lifton Farm shop.
V Mounce & Sons
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Duchy College
Lauren Wheeler 0330 123 4785
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard in Land Based Engineering
- This apprenticeship consists of a mixture of off the job training and on the job mentoring and development within the workplace
- You will be expected to attend college on a weekly basis for college workshops, and additional attendance if functional skills is required
Land-based service engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.