Hyundai Apprentice Technician Motorline Ltd
The Hyundai Advanced Apprenticeship Programme is designed to train and develop you in a way that enables you to learn the core elements of your job role, using advancing technology as well as fostering an exceptional level of customer service.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
03 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? If the answer is "yes" then the Hyundai Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you.
Motorline Hyundai Canterbury are currently seeking a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join their team. This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects.
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified technicians with the investigation, repair and service of vehicles
- Producing estimates
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Warranty work
- Assisting with MOTs on vehicles
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
Motorline will also provide a £1,000 tool allowance.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Mechanically minded with meticulous attention to detail
- Use own initiative
- Passion for the automotive industry
- Enthusiasm to learn
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- A*-C (9-4) GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent). Science and ICT are desirable
Possible permanent position on completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Being employed in a Hyundai approved dealer is a fantastic start to your working career. We are proud to be global leaders in new technology and design and our dealers are looking for people with a creative flair and an active, practical and logical mind.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Candidates will work towards achieving the Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship standard at level 3. They will also be required to study towards achieving level 2 maths and English functional skills if they do not already hold equivalent qualifications.
The programme lasts for 36 months. The training incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges. Throughout the duration of the programme, the candidates will be expected to travel to EMTECs training centre in Nottingham for 24 separate weeks to carry out skills training.
Regular visits to the dealership from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors will take place, who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace. Candidates will be expected to engage in self-directed learning outside of normal working hours, which will be monitored and tracked through an online e-portal. The apprentice, employer and provider are required to maintain a logbook that captures progress over the programme.
- On-going assessment of soft skills and behaviours
- A behaviour assessment
- Knowledge and understanding tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2
- Skills tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2
This is followed by the synoptic assessment, of which there are four components:
- Log book (final year review to assess apprentices progress)
- Behaviour assessment
- Knowledge test (an in-depth, online test exploring knowledge/ understanding of the apprentice)
- Skills test (two-day practical examination of the skills of the apprentice)
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.