Apprentice Dental Nurse High Oaks Dental Practice
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice. We are a dental practice with a well-established and friendly team. We would love you to join us as an Apprentice Dental Nurse.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
06 Jul 2022
02 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice with an emphasis on preventative treatment and options for all.
The role of a dental nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery. This includes but is not exhaustive to:
- Greet and care for all patients in a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chair side assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate must be reliable, organised, with good communication skills, computer literate, and keen to learn
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
- You will have a calm, confident and reassuring manner and the ability to relate well to people, including children and those with special needs
- You will have a positive and flexible approach to work
- Experience is not necessary, however we are looking for ambitious, hard-working and committed individuals
- GCSE, or equivalent, maths and English Grade 4/C and above
- You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check
- A great opportunity to secure long term employment with an employer whom has a wonderful vision and admirable values in conjunction with continuing with your professional development
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are looking for an apprentice dental nurse for our busy and friendly dental practice.
High Oaks Dental Practice
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Swati Singh 01708579902 email@example.com
The Dental Nurse apprenticeship offers a genuine job in a Dental Practice with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme. It will develop the skills, knowledge, and behaviours of your apprentice to operate competently in all aspects of clinical responsibilities.
It will also provide them with the relevant qualification to apply for professional registration as a Dental Nurse to the General Dental Council (GDC).
What you will study:
- Cross infection
- Oral hygiene
- First aid
- Health and Safety
You will complete on and off the job training whilst you are fully supported throughout, progressing to gateway and endpoint assessment.
Read more on our website!
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.