Business Administration Apprentice John G Peck Ltd
An excellent opportunity to work for a company who offers a wide range of quality products from leading global brands. This Business Administration role is ideal for someone who is keen on (or to learn) Electronic Engineering and who be happy to study this on a part time basis.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
£155.88 - £271.88
Total hours per week: 36.25
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
03 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The types of activities the Apprentice will be trained in:
- Telephone/Visitor Management
- Covering Sales, Marketing, Shipping, Accounts and Customer service
- Ordering stationery
- Giving timely and accurate responses to enquiries
- Completing work activity logs
- Any other general office duties required by the team
Requirements and prospects
- Organised, efficient and methodical in approach
- To be computer literate and have experience of using Microsoft Office, Excel, emails and internet.
- A team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate and work with business colleagues
- Would suit a person with an enquiring technical mind who can benefit from growing their technical and product knowledge over time.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Keen eye for detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Prioritisation and time management skills
5 GCSE’s grade C/4 including English and Maths or equivalent.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Career progression could be either towards an office management type position but ideally an internal sales role with longer term progression hopefully to external sales.
Things to consider
Additional training to take place at Loughborough College to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviours to accordance to this Apprenticeship. Please ensure you are able to travel before applying.
Loughborough College has the right to close this vacancy before the end date.
About the employer
John G Peck Ltd (JGPL) is a privately owned Specialist Distributor of Power Electronic Components. The company was formed in 1983 and has been the exclusive supplier of MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC Power Semiconductors in the UK region since that time. JGPL has continued to grow steadily and now represents numerous additional key suppliers, offering products which compliment Power Semiconductor devices. JGPL are focused on supporting customers in the UK.
To provide our customers a competitive, first class service in Power Electronics based products on behalf of the global manufacturers we represent. JGPL focus on a small number of quality suppliers without conflict of product lines. This strategy ensures full commitment of suppliers and enables us to forge strong relationships with both customers and manufacturers.
Major companies such as MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC, MERSEN and POWEREX have entrusted the supply and support of their key OEM accounts to JGPL for many years. Full technical support is provided by our experienced engineering team and direct manufacturer support. UK stock holding, bespoke packing or labelling, call off and just-in-time orders are services offered.
JGPL are ISO9001:2015 accredited. Many of our Suppliers are able to offer further Industrial, Automotive, Railway, Military and Aerospace certification levels.
JGPL at a Glance
- Specialist Distributor of Power Electronic Components for a wide range of leading manufacturers
- High level of UK support (application - technical - sales - stock - logistics)
- Low operating costs, experienced staff and flexible approach
- Privately owned company formed in 1983
- 1000m2 office, warehouse and test facility in Loughborough, UK
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Hayley Cousins 01509 618019 email@example.com
- L3 Apprenticeship Standard in Business Administrator
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio based interview
- Project presentation
- 14 sessions delivered at Loughborough (Thurs AM)
- Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
- Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor
- Attendance to Loughborough College for Functional Skills (if required)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.