Apprentice Business Administrator NORTH WEALD FLIGHT TRAINING LIMITED
To be responsible for all aspects of administration and operations of a busy flight school. Liaising with staff, students and members to ensure the smooth day to day running of the flight school.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
07 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The responsibilities of the role are to support and engage with different parts of the organisation and interact with students and instructors. With a focus on adding value, the role of business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested.
The business administrator is expected to deliver their responsibilities efficiently and with integrity – showing a positive attitude. The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills. The business administrator is also expected to show initiative, managing priorities and own time, problem-solving skills, decision-making and the potential for people management responsibilities.
This role will include all aspects of administration and operations involved in the running of a busy flight training school, including, but not limited to, updating and maintaining student files and aircraft documents and logs, planning and organisation, decision making, reception duties, meeting and greeting visitors, liaising with staff, instructors and students, telephone and email enquiries and bookings, diary management, updating social media.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Experience in Microsoft packages including Word, excel and outlook desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised and adaptable
- Professional, confident and self-motivated
- Pro active in all aspects of work, actively seeking out opportunities to learn and develop
- Maths & English GCSE, or equivalents, minimum grade 4/C
- GCSE /A Level Business Studies desirable but not essential
- Potential to progress towards management responsibilities in a growing company
Things to consider
We operate 7 days a week. Only closing Christmas day, Boxing day and New Years day.
Some weekend and bank holiday work will be required.
Candidate must be able to travel to work on time due to the vacancy being based in a rural location with limited public transport.
- Please note, that due to COVID19 and social distancing measures, some initial interviews may be conducted by telephone or other remote means. Employers are required to take appropriate Health and Safety measures when employing a new apprentice. Each employer will advise applicants of which appropriate measures to follow
About the employer
CAA approved Flight Training School located on North Weald Airfield. We offer flight training and experiences with our highly experienced team of instructors and large well maintained fleet of aircraft.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harlow College
Kellie Tighe 07852 503112 email@example.com
The training will be for a general Business Administrator to the new Level 3 standard.
The business administrator is expected to deliver their responsibilities efficiently and with integrity, showing a positive attitude. The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills.
The business administrator is also expected to show initiative, managing priorities and own time, problem solving skills, decision making and the potential for people management responsibilities through mentoring or coaching others.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.