Mary Poppins is an established Day Nursery and Independent Baby Unit founded in 1989, registered with Ofsted. We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and committed apprentice to join our friendly team and start their career in Childcare.
Closing date: 26 Mar 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday. Between the hours of 7:30am and 6pm.
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
03 Apr 2017
11 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful applicant will be provided with full training within the nursery setting, supporting staff caring for children aged 0 – 4 years.
Typical duties and responsibilities:
- Under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding.
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children.
- To provide adult interaction with children in the nursery.
- Contribute to good standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the nursery.
Requirements and prospects
- Good level of written and verbal communication.
- Must be willing to complete a DBS check.
- Must be able to provide references.
- First Aid certificate is desirable but not essential.
- Ideally A - C in GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
Opportunity to stay with the nursery permanently for the right person and continue with childcare qualifications.
Things to consider
Please be aware that you will need to pass a DBS criminal record check in order to work with children.
About the employer
Mary Poppins is an established Day Nursery and Independent Baby Unit founded in 1989, registered with Ofsted under the new children act. The Nursery is situated at the quiet end of Chain Lane opposite the Muirfield estate entrance on the border of Littleover and Mickleover approximately half a mile from the Royal Derby City and General Hospital. Mary Poppins Day Nursery is situated in a large Victorian style detached property, which has been sympathetically converted specifically and exclusively as a Day Nursery and Independent Baby Unit, creating a warm and friendly environment in which your child will thrive. In addition to our Independent Baby unit, we have seven activity rooms accommodating small groups of children 1 to 5 years of age.
30 Chain Lane
- Children and Young People’s Workforce L2/L3
- Functional Skills if required
Children and Young People's Workforce
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Babington Business College
Masood Mohammadi 01332 345 450 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Mar 2017