Machinist Engineering Apprentice TapcoEnpro International
Do you want to be an engineer in a specialist, supportive and well-established business? TapcoEnpro have what you need to take the next step into an Engineering career, look here to discover what they can offer!
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
05 Oct 2021
03 Jun 2021
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Do you want to test your skills in the world of precision engineering with an expanding and successful business?
Now is the time to take the next step towards becoming a qualified Machinist Engineer with this Apprenticeship at TapcoEnpro!
The successful candidate will continue their studies with engineering industry specialists, RNN Group, in their newly refurbished Engineering workshops. Giving you the training, you need to become an all-rounded and qualified Engineer.
Committed to staff development, TapcoEnpro have the perfect values to help make your dream a reality, providing excellent in-house training that compliments your academic studies.
You’ll develop your skills alongside experienced engineers, learning a variety of duties and supporting the whole business to grow. You will be taught and mentored to support the manufacturing team, learning engineering skills with a team who are renowned for exceptional skills and precise engineering.
Job duties will include learning:
- Production duties including machining and grinding of parts (milling, drilling, turning and horiz boring)
- Programming and operation of HAAS (Fanuc control) CNC Machine
- How to ensure that components meet the drawing specification and quality standards
- Target levels of productivity
- How to maintain company Health and Safety standards
- How to maintain work area to be neat, clean and organized for safe and efficient use.
- Other duties as assigned for varying business needs and development
If you are eager and ready to take your first step into a specialist career, then please apply now! These Apprenticeships are highly sought after, so don’t miss your chance!
Requirements and prospects
- Basic understanding of Engineering
- Strong attention to detail
- Good dexterity and attention to detail
- Must enjoy problem solving and raising to a challenge
- Must have an enthusiasm for engineering.
- Good communication skills are essential
- Honest, reliable and committed – be confident enough to say when you’re unsure and ask for advice as and when needed
- Able to work on own initiative
GCSE in maths and English 9 - 4/A*-C or equivalent.
Progression to industry specialist qualifications – further and higher skill development. A lifelong career in the industry.
Things to consider
This is a successful business that has a very busy workload. They are looking for someone who can listen/learn and use their own initiative to quickly become a valued member of the team.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
TapcoEnpro is a world leading design and manufacturer of valves and other products critical for many of the most important industries on the planet. Originally too separate businesses,in 2006 these two leading companies merged to become TapcoEnpro.
TapcoEnpro constantly pushes the frontier of engineered technology by offering innovative products and services that set the standard for the industries. All products are manufactured in strict accordance with customer specifications and their own quality standards.
The years of experience the company has made them the manufacturer of choice for many quality critical industries.
Join Circor TapcoEnpro and discover the rewards of a career in Engineering!
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Rotherham College of Arts & Technology
lorraine Savage 07713319356 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Engineering Technician L3 (Machinist - Standard)
- Functional Skills if required
Engineering manufacturing technician
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.