Apprentice Hair Professional Smith and Cullen
Start your hairdressing career with us in our busy, friendly salon and train to become a qualified stylist with our award-winning salon directors, Jason & Tony Cullen-Smith.
Closing date: 21 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Oct 2022
03 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You are employed in a full-time position within the salon which provides you with an excellent opportunity to start work as an apprentice hairdresser and to earn as you learn. You will work a maximum of 40 hours each week. A typical working week will be five days including one day over the weekend. Your main focus in the salon is to work with managers and hairdressers to provide high quality service and support for clients visiting the salon.
During your employment, you will also be working and studying towards a NVQ Level 2 Hair Diploma for Hair Professionals. Off the job training will be a minimum of 20%.
Your main salon duties will include:
- Acting as an ambassador of the salon at all times
- Maintaining a suitably fashionable personal image
- Being available for work during all scheduled hours
- Helping to prepare the salon to receive clients
- Smiling and always appearing happy at work
- Welcoming clients and visitors to the salon
- Being helpful and respectful to clients and colleagues
- Undertaking all reasonable tasks allocated to you
- Helping to provide refreshments to clients and visitors
- Gowning up and preparing clients prior to treatment
- Shampooing and applying conditioner treatments
- Blow drying hair under supervision when requested
- Preparing equipment and materials for hairdressers use
- Re-filling stocks of frequently used materials
- Helping to maintain a safe working environment
- Tidying up and maintaining the image of the salon
- Fully endorsing the products and services of the salon
- Participating in periodic work performance reviews
- Assisting in the general security of the salon
Your main training duties will include:
- Attending all scheduled training sessions
- Following instructions and learning each new subject
- Providing suitable training models when requested
- Completing all project work and tests set by trainers
- Keeping safe all records of assessment
- Participating in periodic formal training reviews
- Sharing your progress with your employer and salon colleagues
- Attending special salon, and other, events as requested
Requirements and prospects
- Smith & Cullen are on the lookout for creative, confident people who are ambitious, willing to work hard and are motivated to become talented hairstylists and colour technicians
Ideally GCSE maths & English, but not essential.
Once the apprenticeship has been completed and NVQ Level 2 achieved we will be looking to develop our apprentices into junior stylists.
Things to consider
Successful apprentices will be required to work one day of the weekend.
About the employer
Award-Winning Hairdressing Salon
Windsor Forest Colleges Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Windsor Forest Colleges Group
Emma Raymond 01753443857 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Hair Professional Apprenticeship
- Training in the College Salon
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.