Apprentice Civil Engineering Technician Wilde Consultants Ltd
Wilde Consultants Ltd are looking to recruit an Apprentice Civil Engineering Technician at their office in Stockport. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start a career in Civil Engineering!
Closing date: today
£170.94 to £329.67
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2021
02 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Preparing engineering drawings using 2D and 3D CAD software to design highways including roads, footways and signage and lining
- Assisting with arranging and undertaking site surveys
- Assisting with preparing contract, site and works information
- Assisting the engineering and technician team with all aspects of the design phase and also including opportunities for some site attendance during the construction phase
- On the job learning of industry standard design codes to develop quality, sustainable and safe solutions to meet the Client’s brief
- Working for local authority and private sector clients on projects throughout the UK
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills
- A genuine interest in and passion for engineering in the built environment and the use of computer-aided design software.
- An ambition to develop your career with a progressive and successful local Consulting Engineering Practice
- Ability to work under pressure
- Works well as part of a team
- 5 GCSEs at grades C/5 and above (or equivalent) including a science and a grade 6/B or above (or equivalent) in English and maths
- GCSE in a technology-based subject (or equivalent)
- An interesting and varied workload
- Excellent mentor support and early responsibility
- Generous number of paid days off for holidays and flexible working arrangements
- Excellent career opportunities – route available to qualify as Technician Member of Institution of Civil Engineers
Things to consider
Please do not apply to the company directly - all applications to come via STEGTA.
Please ensure that you can travel to the location of the employer each day before applying.
About the employer
An award winning civil, structural, rail and transportation consultancy formed in 1980. One of the largest independently owned consultancies in the UK with offices in London, Stockport, and Warrington.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford & Trafford Engineering Group Training Association Limited
Sonja Storey firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Civil Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Competence based portfolio to meet all Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment (Civil Engineering) to be studied on a day release basis at College over 2 years
- End-Point Assessment
Civil engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.