Apprentice Dental Nurse Waterside Dental Practice
Apprentice Dental Nurse to assist the Dentist with all aspects of dentistry within the surgery including cleaning and cross infection control. Preparing instruments and material for treatments. To train to carry out reception and administrative tasks.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2021
03 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role of a dental nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery.
- Working closely with the dentist providing chairside assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- To carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
- Dental Nurse to assist the Dentist with all aspects of dentistry within the surgery including cleaning and cross infection control
- To train to carry out reception and administrative tasks
Requirements and prospects
- Good people skills, including the ability to work with children and difficult patients
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisation and a methodical approach to work
- Confident and a calm manner
- Ability to multitask
- We require someone with a bubbly personality with a positive and flexible approach to work, reliable and keen to learn
- We are looking for an ambitious, hardworking, committed individual
Entry is subject to interview and assessment and you will need to have relevant employment. In addition, you will need to have 4 GCSEs at grade C/4 or higher, including English & maths or have achieved a relevant Level 2 vocational qualification* and be able to demonstrate ability equivalent to, or exceeding Level 2 in English & maths.
On completion and achievement of the apprenticeship standard, progression routes will be provided and discussed with the individual to enable them to make informed choices about continuous professional development.
Things to consider
The role is very interesting and provides a lot of variety. Candidate needs to expect to work hard with flexible hours when necessary. Dental nursing is a skilled job which is very fulfilling.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are a bespoke, private dental practice offering outstanding patient care in a wide range of dentistry; including cosmetic, endodontic,Invisalign, implants and facial aesthetics. We have a passion for customer service and changing patients perception of dentistry.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eastleigh College
Level 3 - Dental nurse:
Apprentices will enhance knowledge in areas to include:
- Dental and regional anatomy
- Respiratory and circulatory systems
- Transmission of infectious diseases and their prevention
- Materials, equipment and resources
- Medical Emergencies
- Legislative compliance and regulatory requirements
Apprentices will develop skills in areas to include:
- Health Promotion
- Clinical skills
- Patient Care & Patient Management
- Communication & Management Skills
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.