Medical Secretary Apprentice Syston Health Centre
We are looking to recruit an apprentice to provide a high standard of general secretarial support to the Doctors, Practice Manager and other health care professionals including audio typing skills along with administrative tasks. Always acting in a professional, efficient and courteous manner to patients, staff and other outside agencies.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
01 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Type letters, reports and other documents as required by the doctors, practice and business manager and other team members, via transcription and copy typing
- Liaise with hospital and community departments regarding patient care, appointments, etc, incorporating ERS (electronic referral system)
- To receive incoming and initiate outgoing telephone calls to facilitate appropriate communications with others, taking messages and dealing with appropriate queries
- Take minutes of the weekly practice meeting, produce minutes and circulate to the attendees
- Maintain referrals database
- Action tasks as required
- Maintain Practice Documents on computer system
- Monitor progress of 2 week cancer referrals
- Participate in providing holiday/sickness cover for secretary duties as required
- Read code all clinical letters and referrals
- Recording and invoicing of cremation 4 forms
- Emailing in a timely manner of Coroner's reports and MCCD to the Death Registrar. Cremation 4 form if appropriate
- Franking of post and taking to the Post Office
- Monitor and action Net Account and personal NHS email as required
- Assist/guide GP trainees with referral pathways
- Open and distribute the incoming Royal Mail post
- Any other reasonable duties that may be required from time-to-time
Requirements and prospects
- Microsoft office proficient (including Excel and Word)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Very strong eye for detail and accuracy
- Smart, personable, confident with a professional manner
- Team player
- Good sense of humour
- Willing to learn
A*-C/9-4 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The County Practice serves almost 12,737 patients living within Syston and its surrounding villages to include: Queniborough, Barkby, East Goscote, Cossington, Rearsby, Thrussington, Ratcliffe-on-the-Wreake, Hoby, Rotherby, Frisby-on-the-Wreake, Gaddesby, Ashby Folville, Barsby, South Croxton, Beeby, Keyham, Hungarton, Lowesby, Barkby Thorpe (Old Village).
Syston Health Centre
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Business Administrator Standard Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/business-administrator-v1-0
Functional Skills level 1/2 Please click on the link above for more information regarding.
End Point Assessment.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.