Apprentice Chef Colwick Hall Hotel
Colwick Hall Hotel is home to the beautiful Byron's Brasserie, an award-winning rosette restaurant serving afternoon tea and a sumptuous selection of dishes for lunch, dinner and Sunday lunches. Colwick Hall are offering a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to begin their career within the hospitality industry as an apprentice chef.
Closing date: 24 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Mar 2022
01 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Day to day duties will include:
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- Adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Use specialist kitchen equipment
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
- Commit to personal development activities
- Produce dishes to suit individuals' specific dietary, religious and allergenic needs as required
Requirements and prospects
- Willing to learn
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
9-3/ A*-D in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Colwick Hall Hotel is a magnificent Palladian style Georgian country house mansion nestling in over sixty acres of parkland. A historic building dating back to Saxon times and once the ancestral home of Lord Byron.
Located just two miles from Nottingham City Centre, Colwick Hall is a grade II* listed manor with a grand entrance overlooking Nottingham racecourse offering exquisite facilities. From the award winning Georgetown Restaurant, 1776 The Grand Ballroom hugely popular for grand weddings, several function rooms for meetings and conferences and private dining, through to the Lakeside Pavilion a grand marquee within the grounds of Colwick Hall overlooking the lake.
Colwick Hall Hotel has a wealth of history and its story continues to unfold daily as we welcome visitors from across the world to our superb conference centre, wedding venue, hotel and restaurant.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Production Chef Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/production-chef-v1-0
Functional Skills English and maths (Level 1 is required).
Day release - One day per week to Nottingham College 15 month duration.
Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.