Apprentice Hairdresser Acacia Hair Salon Ltd
Are you looking for a rewarding and creative career in hairdressing? Acacia are looking to recruit an apprentice hairdresser to join their busy salon based in the village of Thurgarton.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
29 Sep 2021
01 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Acacia are looking to offer an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship candidate wanting to take their first steps into a career within the hair industry. If you are passionate about pursuing a career as a hairdresser or stylist, this a fantastic opportunity to apply for!
Day to day duties will include:
- Performing reception duties such as answering telephone calls and making appointments
- Meeting and greeting clients, making refreshments and providing hospitality
- Maintaining client records
- Selling and recommending retail products
- Cleaning the salon work areas and equipment
- Talking to clients about their requirements
Carry out hair-styling functions such as:
- Dry and style hair using brushes, combs, straightening irons and other equipment
- Shampoo, condition, treat hair & scalp
- Change hair colours
- Set and dress hair
- Style and finish hair
- Basic hair cutting using clippers, scissors or razors
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and once a week on a Monday for training.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- A genuine interest in pursuing a career in hairdressing
- Works well as part of a team
- A desire to be creative
9-3/ A*-D in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
It’s my pleasure to introduce you to Acacia Hair Salon in Thurgarton Nottingham, near Southwell.
A winning team Lisa and Kerry have worked together for many years, and along with the rest of the team at Acacia we create gorgeous hair that we know you’ll love.
We’re on a mission to offer you timeless hair with a contemporary twist – using the luxury Aveda brand.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Practical and Theory training at our City Centre Wheeler Gate Salon 1 day per week.
Level 2 Hair professional standard - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/hair-professional/
Functional Skills English and maths (Level 1 or Level 2 is required).
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.