Apprentice Logistics Administrator J D Delivery Notts Ltd
Are you looking for an administrative job with a difference? Then look no further, this is an opportunity to get involved in every aspect of the business from answering the telephones, to raising invoices and even getting involved in getting the vehicles ready for their next journey (loading).
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Oct 2021
01 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This a varied post in a busy office environment where it is likely that no two days will be the same.
You role will include:
- Answering the telephone and either dealing with general enquiries, transferring the call or taking an effective message. At times this may mean dealing with customer complaints, you should be able to remain calm in these circumstances and always do your best to help resolve the issue
- Adding information to the company systems regarding customers, enquiries, requirements etc.
- Taking orders and adding to the company systems
- Generating pricing and ensuring the customer understand the pricing
- Generating delivery tickets for the drivers
- Generating run sheets for the drivers
- Understanding the planning of driver routes
- Working on dispatch, ensuring that all documentation goes with the correct driver for the correct delivery
- Working with our accounts department to understand costs, invoicing and payments
- General administration to help keep the business moving on a day to day basis
- Communicating with the drivers when they are on site and when out on the road to gain updates for customers
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date.
Requirements and prospects
- Time management and organisational skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Genuine interest in the sector
GCSE Grades A*-C or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9-4.
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
JD Delivery Notts are a growing logistics and transportation company offering a number of services to their clients from storage solutions and same day deliveries through to Nationwide overnight deliveries. As the business continues to grow we are keen to expand the office team too so we are looking to welcome an administrative apprentice to the team.
J D Delivery Notts Ltd
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623 627 191 email@example.com
Business Administrator Level 3 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.