Apprentice Paraplanning Administrator Bowcliffe Wealth Management Ltd
An administrative role based in a fast-paced financial services company. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to undertake a Business Administrator apprenticeship.
Closing date: 19 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
27 Sep 2021
01 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Working with a close knit back-office team of 7, who assist 4 Financial Advisers with a wide range of administrative duties; you will be responsible for assisting the Paraplanning team in a range of duties to include, but not be limited to:
- Sending Letter of Authority requests (LOA) to external providers for information on clients existing plans
- Chasing these requests on a regular basis and updating internal systems and spreadsheets with progress made
- Extracting and interpreting the information received in response to Letter of Authority (LOA) requests
- Liaising with product providers for further information as required
- Maintaining progress status and liaise with Paraplanners
- Maintaining Client records by inputting and updating accurate data
- Actively monitoring Applications that have been submitted and ensure the plans are set up as quickly as possible
- Preparation of documents for Adviser meetings
- Liaising with external offices within the Partnership to request information outstanding for the Paraplanner’s cases and to provide updates on those cases
Any other general administrative/research duties as required.
Requirements and prospects
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent telephone manner
- Listens actively and asks questions to clarify your own understanding
- IT skills - knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent written skills
- Prioritises and makes effective use of time with good organisation skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure to timescales
- Works cooperatively and effectively with colleagues to complete tasks and achieve targets
- Positive attitude/genuine enthusiasm
- Willing to learn
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
Excellent prospects for the successful candidate post course completion in a fast-growing company. Full training and support will be provided for the right employee.
Things to consider
The office is in a remote location outside of Bramham Village. A mixture of remote/office working available.
- The start date will be agreed upon appointment
- The expected duration of the apprenticeship does not include the End Point Assesment (EPA) that can take 3 - 6 months to complete
- Initially you will be contacted by York College to confirm your commitment and suitability for the role. If we are unable to contact you, you will not be considered for the position
- Please note: most correspondence regarding vacancies will be sent via email, so please check your emails regularly for updates on your application
- We would also advise to check your junk/spam folder as some emails may end up here depending on your mail provider settings
- The vacancy will close once a suitable applicant has been appointed
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Financial Services business. Part of the FTSE100 St. James’s Place Wealth Management plc.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by York College
Business Partnerships 01904 770368 email@example.com
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Students with international qualifications will need to have them converted, for which there will be a cost, through the national agency for the recognition and comparison of international qualifications and skills (NARIC) website. This is required to confirm they are comparable to UK qualifications at the start of the programme in readiness for gateway and the end point assessment.
Method of Delivery:
Apprentices will typically attend York College on a day release for the duration of the apprenticeship and work with their employer for the remainder of their contracted hours. During their time in College apprentices will work towards the knowledge, skills and behaviours, and at work will consolidate their on-programme learning with the support of their employer. An assessor will visit every 8-10 weeks to discuss and monitor progress on the apprenticeship in conjunction with the employer.
Functional skills at Level 2 must be achieved before an apprentice can progress to the End Point Assessment (EPA) which includes the following areas:
- Online Multiple-Choice Test: 50 multiple choice questions to be completed in 60 minutes under invigilation conditions. The apprentice must pass the test before they progress to the interview and presentation
- Portfolio interview: The 30-45-minute interview assesses the apprentice’s competence, self-reflection, judgement and understanding of the entire apprenticeship
- Project Presentation: The apprentice delivers a presentation on a project that they have completed or a process that they have improved
An independent assessor will award an overall grade of Pass/Distinction/Fail.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.