Apprentice Assistant Office Administrator Map Biopharma Ltd
Someone to help a small administration team and be responsible for the smooth running of the day-to-day operations of the company. You will enjoy working with people, planning and organising. We are looking for someone with a pro-active, adaptable approach who can work as part of the team.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2021
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2021
01 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role: To assist the Services Administration Manager to provide a seamless administrative service for the organisation.
The Department: Administration.
Key Responsibilities and Daily Duties:
- Assisting with maintenance of office equipment
- Maintaining a clean and enjoyable working environment
- Booking, setting up and maintaining hot desks
- Organising catering as and when required
- Handling external and internal communication
- Data entry
- Petty cash
- Answering the phone
- Managing stationery, other consumables and placing orders.
- Other administrative duties as necessary
Example administrative Improvement Projects across the business the apprentice will be involved with an assigned mentor:
- Reviewing recruitment processes within
- Reviewing and implementing returning to office and hybrid working policies/practices across the business
- Introducing and organisation of new electronic filing systems across the business
- New administrative projects will naturally evolve as the apprentice progresses in supporting all functions across MAP BioPharma
Requirements and prospects
- Good at both written and verbal communication
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to work within a team
- Hardworking and tenacious
- Understanding of Outlook and Word
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Passionate about the quality of your work
- Calm and tolerant
- Adaptable and comfortable in dealing with multiple tasks at the same time
- Reliable and responsible
GCSE’s including English and maths A*-C/8-4, equivalent or above.
The successful individual will have the opportunity to progress and grow within a well-respected company with the position available at the end of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Things to consider
Most of your colleagues work a hybrid of office and remote working and will not be in the same office location as you, and/or will frequently work from home. You may therefore have a large number of your interactions with colleagues remotely, with also regular team meetings and working hours from our office based in Papworth Everard. If you have any queries relating to home or office-based working, please do not hesitate to ask questions at the interview/assessment stage.
This position will ideally suit candidates who live within commuting distance, or locally to the Papworth Everard area.
- Free onsite parking
- Bus stop outside office park
- Free tea, coffee and filtered water
- Staff room
- 1-hour lunch time
- Staff room
- 28 days paid leave + bank holidays
- Pension - non-contributory
- 4 x salary life assurance scheme
- Personal growth in our unique culture
- Private health insurance scheme membership (after probation period)
About the employer
The MAP group was founded over 6 years ago in Papworth Everard, Cambridge.
Offering market access consultancy services to over 70 life science companies across major global markets, MAP’s vision is to become the market leader in accelerating patient access to medicines, devices and diagnostics.
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
The employer will provide close mentoring support working alongside the Service Administration Manager.
Includes off the job training as part of the Apprenticeship - attendance in-college/ or via remote online Teams tutorials.
The apprentice would be assigned an assessor through the College, who would typically come out to visit in the workplace to assess workplace competence.
- Level 3 Diploma in Business Administrator
- Business Administrator - Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Functional Skills maths and English Level 2 (exemptions apply)
- First week induction
- Policies and procedures
- Organisation Mission and Values
- Other workplace training:
- Relevant regulations and policies
Training delivered via college:
- Event Management
- Project Management
- Ethical Issues in the workplace
- Technology use in business
- Understanding business stakeholders
The knowledge side would be provided via an online portal VLE (Virtual Learning Environment), and assignments/evidence of work/portfolio would be checked via an online Smart Assessor.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.