Apprentice Nursery Nurse LILLIPUT CHILDRENS DAY NURSERY LIMITED
Apprentice Nursery Nurse required for Lilliput Day Nursery in Rubery . Excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Childcare Level 2 for 15 months.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
23 Nov 2021
01 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Assisting key workers with specific groups of children
- Ensure that every child matters is considered in each room
- Promote inclusion of children with special educational needs
- Promote equality of opportunities throughout the nursery
- Fully support the nursery manager and deputy manager in day-to-day running of the nursery
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and listening skills
- Team player
- Passion for childcare
- Eagerness to learn and develop
- Caring personality
- An enthusiastic, cheerful and friendly personality
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 3 (A to D) or Functional Skills Level 1-2 or equivalents
Possible opportunity to progress onto an Advanced Apprenticeship/employment.
Things to consider
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the apprenticeship first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply via the link as specified). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy (we have lots of other vacancies too!).
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
About the employer
Lilliput Day Nursery Rubery was opened in 2005 by Alison and Steve Lane, followed by Lilliput Day Nursery Kings Heath in 2010. They have 2 children and their aim was to provide good quality, affordable childcare that they would be happy to send their children to.
Alison is a NNEB qualified Nursery Nurse with more than 30 years experience in the childcare sector, having worked in private nurseries and Birmingham Social Services gaining a wealth of knowledge and experience of a wide diversity of children and their families in day nurseries and family centres. For 5 years Alison also worked in the Early Years department at a further education college teaching and training future nursery nurses.
Steve is an experienced building contractor with over 30 years experience. He originally refurbished both nurseries to an extremely high standard and continues to maintain and develop them. In recent years both nurseries have had their gardens refurbished again and during 2018 Steve refurbished Rubery and Kings Heath again.
GORDON FRANKS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gordon Franks
Joanita Manka 0121 333 3001 email@example.com
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Full training provided at employer site
- Choice of online or paper-based portfolio
- Regular assessor visits, observations and reviews
- Witness testimonies from employer
- Technical certificate (industry knowledge)
- Functional skills if required
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.