Office Administrator Apprentice Ascend Health Care and Childcare Training Ltd
Urgent vacancy! Office Administrator Apprentice required for Ascend Health and Childcare in West Bromwich. Excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Business Administration Level 3.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Aug 2021
02 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To line manage the Administrative Assistant
- To manage and monitor all office systems, delegating, logging and updating taks as appropriate
- To be responsible for quality assurance of all office and reprographics functions
- To be responsible for quality assurance of all letters and emails sent out by Ascend
- To ensure that the Ascend prospectus and school calendar is updated, accurate, agreed and published according to the needs of the school
- To be responsible for ensuring that complaints and feedback, including surveys are recorded and monitored using relevant trackers
- To manage the duty rota as required, ensuring that all duties are covered where necessary
- To oversee administrative assistant hours and workload ensuring that staffing is adequate and sufficient at all times during office hours
- To have a full understanding of all office functions
Quality and standards
- To ensure that the office complies with the school’s safeguarding policy in relation to visitors to the school site, including but not limited to volunteers, agency staff and interview candidates
- To be responsible for ensuring that office reflects the vision and values of Ascend
- To follow health and safety requirements and initiatives as directed
- To comply with relevant data protection legislation
- To contribute to the maintenance of a caring and stimulating environment for young people, holding high expectations of all students
- To contribute to Ascend’s monitoring and evaluation processes
- To take responsibility for own professional development and duties in relation to school policies and practices
- To carry out the role of office administrator with the highest standards of professional conduct
- To be committed to upholding Ascend‘s policies and practices in relation to promoting equal opportunities for staff and students
- To carry out any other tasks which may fall within the competence of the post holder as may be required from time to time
- Minute meetings for Governors and the Head of Ascend when required
- Ensure the office is a safe environment, completing risk assessments and any other necessary health and safety documentation foe Ascend
- Participate in the appraisal, taking personal responsibility for identification of leaning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager
Each and every member of staff, regardless of their position or seniority at Ascend, is expected to participate in the overall running of the school and to act as a positive role model for our students. In the out of the classroom you will encourage and promote positive behaviour and effectively manage any situation that threatens to impact on the progress of the other students.
The manager at Ascend and the Government Body of Ascend are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate is required for all posts prior to commencement.
Requirements and prospects
- Polite telephone manner
- Use of your own initiative
- Desire to work and learn
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 4 (A* to C) or Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalents
Possible opportunity to progress onto an advanced apprenticeship/employment.
Things to consider
Please do not contact this employer, you must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy.
About the employer
At Ascend we are passionate about Education and Training. Passionate about contributing to creating a skillful workforce and developing competent learners for an ever changing workforce.
Our team consists of teachers, Internal verifiers, assessors and practitioners in both the Healthcare and the Early years sector; with 25 years experience. During this time there has been many changes: with legislation, standards, principles, frameworks, opportunities and with health and social policy and education. We keep up to date with contemporary issues, to ensure our training is cohesive to demands of the workforce.
GORDON FRANKS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gordon Franks
Umera Asif 0121 333 3001 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Administration Level 3 standard qualification
- Functional Skills qualifications in maths / English (additional support available if required)
- Full training provided at employer site
- Choice of online or paper-based portfolio
- Regular Assessor visits, observations and reviews
- Witness testimonies from employer
- Exams / Assessments / Workshops
- Technical Certificate (industry knowledge)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.