Apprentice Nursery Assistant Angels Day Nursery
Urgent vacancy. Apprentice Nursery Assistant required for the leading Angels Day Nursery in Great Barr. Excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Childcare Level 2 for 15 months.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
23 Nov 2021
01 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Caring for children, including nappy changing and toilet training
- Completing activities with children
- Preparing meals, snacks and drinks
- Keeping records of attendance
- Making observations and recording them for development
- Reporting any concerns about the children and their welfare to management
- Assisting senior staff by completing tasks required
- General housekeeping
- Any other duties related duties to support nursery required
- Other varied duties included at later stages once experience and competent
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to train and develop further skills
- Team player
- Good attention to detail
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 3 (A to D) or Functional Skills Level 1-2 or equivalents
Possible opportunity to progress onto full-time employment.
Things to consider
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the apprenticeship first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply via the link as specified). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy (we have lots of other vacancies too!).
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
About the employer
Angels Day Nursery work together in partnership with parents so that all children whatever race, religion or culture are made to feel welcome. Their goals are to ensure that the children reach higher than the skies.
They encourage the children to express freely in a loving, safe and stimulating environment, which has a stable and well equipped learning atmosphere. Their aim is to achieve natural development to promote enthusiasm and to instil self confidence in children.
GORDON FRANKS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gordon Franks
Joanita Manka 01213333001 email@example.com
- Level 2 Childcare qualification
- Full training provided at employer site
- Choice of online or paper-based portfolio
- Regular Assessor Visits, Observations and Reviews
- Witness Testimonies from Employer
- Technical Certificate (industry knowledge)
- Functional Skills if required
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.