Apprentice Commis Chef Level 2 The Friendly Spirit
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious Apprenticeship Commis Chef with a real passion for food where you will have the opportunity to develop your career and learn at the same time.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
28 Sep 2021
01 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious Apprenticeship Commis Chef with a real passion for food where you will have the opportunity to develop your career.
Skills for This Role.
- Creative & Passionate about food
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence.
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Great communication skills and willingness to follow instruction.
- Great customer service skills
- Organised and can prioritise workload.
- Assist with the production and service of high quality, freshly prepared food.
Assist with day to day washing up and cleaning as per cleaning schedules
- Assist chef with food preparation
- To provide excellent and enduring standards of food hygiene/safety and personal hygiene/presentation throughout the kitchen department.
- Assisting with effective stock management, including stock rotation & maintaining appropriate stock levels).
- To undertake such other duties and reasonable requests as required by the business or commensurate with the role.
Requirements and prospects
- Be able to follow instructions
- Excellent communication skills to enable effective dialogue with colleagues, staff, and customers
- Able to perform well and remain professional whilst under pressure
- Good customer service Skills
- Smart appearance
- Passionate about working in the food sector
Maths and English grade 4/C (or equivalent)
A full time position may be available at the end of the course.
About the employer
Welcome to the Friendly Spirit, the perfect location for all your dining & entertainment needs from business lunches or dinners to office parties, family celebrations and any other event large or small. The Friendly Spirit is a beautiful pub & restaurant located on the edge of the Quantick Hills at Cannington just on the outskirts of Bridgwater set in a picturesque location with a large beer garden running along side a country brook. This creates a beautiful setting for all the family to enjoy.
All of our food is freshly prepared to order by our award winning chef and all sourced as locally as possible. This is a family owned village inn .
The Friendly Spirit
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weston College
Charlotte Denning 01934411594 email@example.com
- 1 Day College release
- Regular assessor visits
- Functional Skills, where required and where evidence of eligibility criteria has not been produced (C/4 Grades in Maths and English)
- 20% of your working week dedicated to off the job training – this includes your college day
- End Point Assessment
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.