Plant Fitter Apprentice READYPOWER RAIL SERVICES LIMITED
The Apprentice Plant Fitter is required to develop competence in the maintenance and repair of all mechanical aspects of construction plant, tools, and ancillary equipment. You will work to and within company policies and procedures, keeping in regular communication with your line manager.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2021
28 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- College Work/Study: work towards the relevant NVQ qualification and other pertinent certification in Plant Maintenance, whilst acquiring new skills in the workplace through on the job training
- Develop competence in the preventative and routine maintenance of company equipment, in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. Learn to Trouble shoot and fault find any defects on plant and tools and carry out repairs as necessary
- Learn to assemble, dismantle, check, repair and modify mechanical plant and equipment and to ensure compliance with the relevant standards and specifications
- Work with the Workshop Foreman and other workshop staff in promoting a safe environmental and quality culture, this will include preparing service records and engineers reports as instructed
- Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping
- Follow all safety and environmental rules, including ensuring that that appropriate PPE is worn at all times
- Learn how to correctly complete service and inspection records for all company plant and vehicles and submit to Workshop Foreman for scrutiny and filing
- Ensure waste minimisation including waste segregation and safe disposal
- Provide support to the yard and stores staff as required
- Work effectively as a member of the plant team
- Manage own timekeeping and productivity
- Help to maintain company standards of Health and Safety, Environment and Quality
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work with a team
- A genuine interest in developing a career in rail plant
A minimum GCSE Grade 4 or equivalent C in Maths.
Completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a permanent position for the right person.
Things to consider
The company may, from time to time, require you to undertake duties other than those outlined in this job description and/or to undertake work in other departments to meet customer demands. Any changes to this job description will be discussed and agreed with you.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are a Specialist Rail and Infrastructure Services Provider with a market leading operated asset hire business complemented by a Specialist Civil Engineering division.
With extensive knowledge and understanding of the UK’s regulated infrastructure and operated asset hire, we provide dynamic solutions underpinned by a renowned tradition of customer service with outstanding reliability.
We operate from six major hubs (Reading, Nottingham, Crewe, Caldicot, Warrington and Scotland) supported by a number of satellite facilities throughout England, Scotland and Wales. This gives us the flexibility to fully support our clients’ projects in all parts of the UK.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01785 275661 email@example.com
- Level 3 Land-based Service Engineering Technician Apprenticeship
Land-based service engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.