Apprentice Commis Chef CAPPUVINO LTD
We are looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic candidate to learn to become a Commis Chef. Perhaps you cook meals at home, or you just love making a mean bean on toast and want to learn more about cooking. It's about the attitude of wanting to do the best you can. We love to be creative and you could have some of your own ideas on our menu.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2021
28 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Cappuvino Bar and Coffee Roasters are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic apprentice to learn to become a Commis Chef. Our team are fun to work with and strive each and every day to give our visitors the best service in Lancaster.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring the smooth running of your area of work, and working together with all team members and the Head Chef
- Assisting with daily cleaning and periodic deep cleaning of the kitchen which is carried out by all kitchen personnel. We need to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness
- Washing of pots, plates, and cutlery
- Preparing food ready for service
- Assembling/plating dishes prior to serving
- Learning and helping with developing new dishes
- Helping with serving customers food when serving staff are busy
- Assisting the team to make sure stock levels are adequate
- Ensuring your personal grooming reflects the company standards
- To carry out any other duties reasonably requested by a member of the Management Team
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Great organisational skills
- A can-do attitude
- An interest in cooking
- Enjoy giving an excellent service
- Attention to detail
- High personal grooming standard
- Ability to work within a team
4 GCSEs at grades A*-D/9-3 (or equivalent) including maths and English.
Candidates who have not attended an Apprenticeship Interview at LMC prior to Interview must achieve at least a Level 1 on the Initial Assessment to be complete prior to enrolment.
Possible full-time role as a Commis Chef upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Cappuvino offers a great opportunity for an apprentice as we are growing as a business and continually developing our menu to try different dishes. We are not a 5-star fine dining establishment, but we always aim for 5-star quality in every area of operations.
About the employer
Cappuvino is a new Restobar in the heart of Lancaster UK We are known for exceptional food, great music, and good vibes all around.
We pride ourselves on serving world class cocktails, wine, craft beers and amazing food. Customer satisfaction is of the upmost importance to us, and we strive to achieve this 100% of the time.
LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lancaster & Morecambe College
Mhairi MacVicar 01524521483 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Relevant training will be provided through Lancaster and Morecambe College in order to successfully complete the Commis Chef Apprenticeship programme, subject to attending an Apprenticeship Preparation Training Session here at Lancaster and Morecambe College.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.