Warehousing and Storage (Forklift Truck) Apprentice Palletforce Ltd
During the training period, the Apprentice will be required to complete a Level 2 NVQ qualification in Supply Chain Warehouse Operative. You will received training to become an FLT. As a FLT Apprentice you will be trained in-house to meet the required level of competence to become a D grade Forklift Truck Operative working on night shifts.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Oct 2021
29 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
A true 24-hour operation, Palletforce are looking to recruit future FLT Counterbalance drivers to join their existing team to complete their Apprenticeship through the Palletforce Academy. Working with a fantastic team, this FLT driver job will play a key part of the team that goes above and beyond customer expectations daily.
As a FLT Apprentice you will be trained in-house to meet the required level of competence to become a D grade Forklift Truck Operative working on night shifts.
During the training period, the Apprentice will be required to complete a Level 2 NVQ qualification in Supply Chain Warehouse Operative.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Act in a professional manner at all times, in line with the company’s core values
- To follow instruction given by line management
- To show a good attendance and punctuality
- Ensure that all NVQ evidence is complete for the visits of the NVQ assessors
- To maintain a high level of cleanliness in and around the hub as set out in the schedule of works
- Carry out inspections and tests on fire equipment, ancillary equipment, generators and first aid equipment
- Take facility meter readings
- Keep all door channels clear of debris
- To check and report any issues of damage as found to your line manager
- To aid your Line Manager in legal compliance related work
- To conduct all works required on your work schedule
- To operate your Forklift Truck safely and efficiently in line with company guidelines and training
- To ensure that you thoroughly check your Forklift Truck before starting your shift and complete a Defect Report Sheet prior to commencing work on your Truck
- Thereafter, if you change Forklift Trucks during your shift, you must ensure you complete a Defect Report Sheet for each truck which you use during each working shift
- Ensure that all pallets that are unloaded and loaded are scanned
- When tipping or loading a trailer, you must always make sure pallets are secure on forks. Do not push/move pallets along the floor. It is of vital importance that care, and attention is taken with freight at all times
- Double check labels to ensure that the bay number corresponds with the label number. When loading, all labels should be facing out so that they are visible
- Before loading commences, check relevant bays to make sure that there are no miss bays
- Always ensure that care is taken when loading and stacking. Do not stack on bags or fragile goods
- Ensure that environmental and efficiency performance requirements are followed. All waste is to be segregated, no hazardous waste is to be put with general waste, lights are to be turned off when not in use and emissions from Forklift trucks are to be reduced by turning equipment off when not in use
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your Line Manager or Operations Director
Requirements and prospects
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good attitude
- GCSE'S, or equivalent, D/3 or above in English and maths
- Where you successfully complete the Palletforce Academy Program we will look at the opportunity to move you to your night operation as a full-time permanent employee
Things to consider
The role is an apprenticeship and you will need to work hard to achieve a job at the end of the apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will be carried out on day shifts but the jobs available at the end are for night Forklift Truck Operators.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Palletforce is one of the fastest growing and most successful pallet distribution networks in the UK, handling thousands of pallets every night.
Our success is built around working with high-performing, quality, independent transport companies - and supporting them with world-class facilities, innovative IT solutions and membership benefits.
Palletforce is a dynamic and diverse pallet network, offering everything from national palletised distribution to a trusted European service.
With Europe's largest SuperHub and innovative IT solutions that really break the mould, we are creating capacity and enabling growth for our members and our members' customers.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SR Education
Nick Colquitt 07930362705 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 NVQ qualification in Supply Chain Warehouse Operative
- Training to become a FLT
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.