L2 Adult Care Worker Apprentice HIGHPOINT CARE (WEST DERBY) LIMITED
Working as part of a team providing high quality and compassionate care to individuals. Monitoring an individual's conditions for example checking blood pressure, temperature, and weight, checking overall progress, comfort, and wellbeing.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
23 Aug 2022
28 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You may also help support with:
- Eating and drinking, washing, and dressing and help residents go to the toilet
- Prepare individuals for healthcare activities carried out by other members of the healthcare team
- Carry out nonclinical duties, keeping records, making beds, tidying up your work area, returning all cleaning equipment after each clinical activity
- Address straight forward problems in your day to day work, reporting concerns and changes to the appropriate person in a timely manner
- You will report to a registered healthcare practitioner
- Communicate effectively with individuals and their families, carers and healthcare practitioners using a range of techniques, keeping information confidential
- Handle information (record, report and store information) related to individuals in line with local and national policies
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Happy and fun
- Compassionate and able to show empathy where needed
- Take appropriate action in response to incidents or emergencies following guidelines
- Treat people with dignity, respecting individuals diversity, beliefs, culture, values, needs, privacy, and preferences, show respect and empathy for those you work with
- Have the courage to challenge areas of concern and work to best practice
- Adaptable and reliable, consistent and show discretion, resilience, and self-awareness
- Communicate and understand both residents and work colleagues and families and not disclosing any individuals information in connection to confidentiality
- Promote physical health and wellbeing of individuals
- Support individuals with activities of daily living
- Recognise deteriorations in health, long term conditions, physiological measurements, skin integrity and report appropriately
- Be aware of Dementia, cognitive issues, and mental health
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Full-time employment and progression onto a further qualification Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker.
Things to consider
Working weekends and possibly working over Christmas period.
You will be required to complete a DBS check.
About the employer
Located in Haydock, St Helens, Colliers Croft is an elderly residential care home from Highpoint Care – purpose-built in 2013 and offering affordable prices for all. It provides 24-hour personalised care, including dementia care, with well-equipped facilities, stunning surroundings, and easy links to local shops and amenities giving residents an excellent standard of living.
HIGHPOINT CARE (WEST DERBY) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dawn Hodge Associates Ltd
Jules Westbrook firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
DH Associates are the training provider who will deliver your apprenticeship to you within the organisation, which means work based learning. The qualification is over 12-18 months and you will be assigned a trainer.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.