Teaching Assistant/Activity Leader Apprentice Evendons Primary School
To assist with the provision of wrap around care and facilitate the learning of children aged 4-11 years in a safe and stimulating environment in accordance with school policy and government initiatives in the pursuit of high standards of pupil achievement.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
28 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To aid the teacher in classroom management reinforcing the teacher’s standards of behaviour and tidiness within the classroom
- Work with and supervise small groups of children giving support for individual curriculum programmes and assisting the teacher with social skills and using ICT equipment/software
- Regularly report back to the teacher on pupil’s progress and areas of concern
- Liaise with class teacher on a daily basis to discuss class tasks, carry out tasks set by a qualified teacher
- Preparation of classroom/education materials and organise supplies of qa/educational materials and equipment
- To supervise and ensure the welfare of the children during the lunchtime period both inside and outside the building
- Plan and set up activities for lunchtime play
- Assist with the planning, preparing and delivering of play opportunities within a safe, stimulating and caring environment
- Supervise, support and encourage pupils to undertake outdoor activities and keep active in line with the school’s Safeguarding Policy
- Ensure adequate supervision of indoor and outdoor activities. To be proactive moving to another play space as children's numbers demand
- Assist with the preparation of breakfast for children attending the club, in line with hygiene, health & safety standards
- Pack away the equipment used in the session and cleaning the area and kitchen with the use of appropriate materials/equipment
- Refer any instance of unacceptable behaviour or concerns you may have about pupils and/or staff to the club manager
- Administer and record first aid when necessary and once qualified to administer first aid
- Attend safeguarding training and other training as required by Evendons Primary School
- Work within the framework of the Evendons Primary School’s policies and procedures
- Any other duties that reasonably fall within the scope of the post
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work within a team working environment and also able to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good spoken English
- Calm under pressure, adaptable and energetic
- A caring and positive attitude
- A good listener and sensitive to children's needs
- A strong sense of responsibility
- Positive behaviour management
- Good standard of general education e.g. GCSE English, mathematics and science or equivalent
Possible position offered if one is available.
About the employer
At Evendons Primary School children and adults work in a holistic way by integrating spiritual, moral, aesthetic, physical, social, emotional and intellectual strands into our everyday lives and practice.
Children are supported to achieve high standards of self-discipline, a strong work ethic, effective social skills and an accomplished intellect.
We strongly encourage the children to be responsible for themselves: their conduct, their work; their timekeeping; their environment and their community. In order to engender this sense of responsibility, we constantly engage the children in matters relating to the running of the school, from educational matters to health and safety; from choosing which charities to support to managing the risks associated with a woodland setting and encountering potentially harmful plants and insects. The children expect to be involved and this is evident in the day-to-day, ad hoc conversations as you walk through school as well as in the formal school council meetings with their House Leaders. Our expectation is that the character traits we foment have a significant impact on their learning.
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Nina +447724847420 email@example.com
Full ongoing support by our dedicated Tutors offering a mixture of blended learning. This will consist of face to face, online webinars, one to ones, observations and assessments. Functional skills in maths and English will also be included if required.
You will work towards:
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.