Poultry Production Apprentice Annyalla Chicks (Uk) Ltd
Want a great career in agriculture? If so, this is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing poultry organisation.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2021
27 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As a Poultry Production Apprentice, you will carry out the day-to-day duties on a broiler breeder parent stock site, producing fertile hatching eggs for chick production at one of our hatcheries.
You will work alongside the farm manager to develop the range of skills and knowledge to ensure the smooth running of the farm.
Possible duties could include;
- Assist with stock inspections, body weighing, male & female management, nest hygiene, hatching egg collection, grading management and egg storage
- Follow daily routines for feeding, water management, litter management and ventilation
- Complete all record cards as required by Farm Manager
- Keep site clean and tidy
- Assist with ensuring the highest welfare standards for the birds
- Assist with minor farm maintenance
- Complete all daily tasks in line with company biosecurity
- Communicate any problems found to the Farm Manager
- Ensure compliance with the company Health & Safety policy
- Ensure the correct PPE is used for tasks undertaken
- Any other duties required by your Manager
This will be a great environment for an apprentice looking to train and develop within the poultry industry.
Requirements and prospects
- This is a physically demanding role & will involve animal husbandry & handling
- Someone who is practical and can also record information accurately
- You must be able to follow set methods and procedures
- Ability to work accurately attention to detail
- Ability to be aware of problems and ask for help
- Good set of communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Be reliable and hardworking
- Be a good time keeper
- Have a positive attitude/Good sense of humour
- Have a genuine interest in agriculture
- Ability to prioritise duties / tasks with the guidance of the Farm Manager
- None, but a compassion for animals is of paramount importance
- A full-time position/progression within the organisation will be considered on completion of the 18-month apprenticeship programme
Things to consider
- Is the place of work on a bus route? Accessibility issues?
- This is an agricultural role some outdoor work will be required as well as unsociable hours; this can include early mornings/weekend work
- Many agricultural sites are located within the countryside; therefore, own transport will be essential. When applying for vacancies please bear this in mind
- This work is only with poultry, no other livestock is kept at the farm. Some maintenance of the premises and simple repair of equipment may be involved with this job
About the employer
Annyalla chicks Ltd is a family run business in the poultry industry in the Republic of Ireland and the UK, it specialises in the hatching of day-old chicks. The company was originally set up by John Mawer Snr in 1981 and since then has grown and developed into a business producing in excess of 3 million broiler day old chicks per week.
Annyalla Chicks Ltd and its parent company Enfield broiler breeders Ltd currently employ over 150 employees across the business, with the largest market share in the republic of Ireland.
Annyalla Chicks Ltd, produce day-old chicks for the broiler poultry market we are the only independent hatchery in the UK, this is a highly specialised product that has to be closely monitored and tracked through the 3-week cycle from egg entering the hatchery to the end product which is the day-old broiler chick.
Annyalla Chicks Ltd have now claimed 70% market share in the Irish broiler sector.
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Poultec Training Ltd
Ben Gaskins email@example.com
The new Level 2 Poultry Worker Apprenticeship standard includes;
- Level 2 Work-based Diploma in Agriculture
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Short courses in;
- Poultry Welfare
- Farm Hygiene and Biosecurity
- Health and Safety
- Manual Handling
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.