Horticulture Apprentice Pride & Joy
Pride and Joy are proud to be able to recruit a horticulture apprentice to join their skilled and developing team. You will need to initially attend their site based at Derriford, before proceeding to their scheduled place of work.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
03 Jan 2022
27 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a small team working in a variety of areas carrying out garden and grounds maintenance services.
The lucky candidate would get involved with all aspects of the business.
The main duties being:
- Gardening (Residential and private)
- Lawn mowing
- Preparing and maintaining raised beds
- Hedge cutting
- Tree work
You would also get involved with the landscaping side of the business, including:
- Laying patios
- Shed construction
- Repairing and erecting fences and gates
The hours will fluctuate between seasons and the weather. You would be expected to meet at the 2 Franklins Close address or it might be possible to be picked up on the way to a job.
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
Applicants for this position are expected to be:
- A strong willingness to learn about horticulture and to build a longer-term career is very important
- A confident communicator
- Able to carry out a full range of gardening tasks (once instruction has been provided)
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Interested and wanting to learn
- Happy to work outside in all weathers
- Practical and hands on attitude
- Organised and hardworking
- Well-mannered and presentable for the role
- Able to listen and work to given instructions
- Reliable and dependable
- Seeking to uphold standards
- Wanting to build a career in horticulture
- Physically fit and hard working
- Able to work in all weather
- Customer service is key
2 GCSEs or equivalent at grade A*-D 9/3 in English and Mathematics are desirable.
There may well be the opportunity of a permanent position within the company and commitment to the job role is essential.
Things to consider
No two days will be the same, so adaptability is required.
This position is available for an August start. The vacancy may close swiftly IF a suitable candidate is found. All published dates can therefore be flexible and will be dependent on suitable candidates coming forward and registering appropriate interest.
About the employer
We are a well-established family run garden and landscaping business based in Plymouth. Our customers are in the Plymouth, Plympton, Plymstock and Saltash areas.
We pride ourselves on the personal and individual attention that we are able to offer our customers. We look after all types of private gardens and our team get to know our customers and their gardening requirements.
More information on the business can be found at: https://www.prideandjoy-homeandgarden.co.uk
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Duchy College
Recruitment Team 01209 616269
This Apprenticeship will be delivered through a combination of Work Based Assessment and weekly attendance at Bicton College. The programme will culminate in an End Point Assessment, where the skills and knowledge gained on the apprenticeship will be formally tested.
- English and maths Functional Skills can be further enhanced, if required
- Horticulture and Landscape Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.