Apprentice Landscape Operative Allium Green Space Ltd
As part of the business growth, we are looking to appoint a landscape operative to strengthen our experienced team. We provide bespoke garden projects to domestic and commercial customers. Our portfolio incorporates a wide range of garden projects and environmental conservation projects.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
27 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities will include:
- Carry out day to day maintenance, landscaping, and groundwork tasks on domestic and commercial projects
- Undertaking a range of hard landscaping tasks e.g. Paving, and fencing
- Undertaking a range of soft landscaping e.g. Tree/shrub planting
- Vegetation management e.g. invasive species control
- Site preparation e.g. clearing of areas
- Mixing mortars etc.
- Fencing construction and repairs
- Work alongside other staff and ensure that all practical work is carried out to a high standard adhering to health and safety policies and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good practical skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Desire to learn and progress in the industry
- Work as part of a team and on occasions work independently
- Physically fit as this work is strenuous
- Use tools and equipment safely
- Positive personality, and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Good team player with a sense of humour
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Attention to detail- pride in their own work
- Resilient in poor weather etc.
- Active interest in outdoor environment and enjoy being outdoors in all weathers
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
To be fully employed within our company. There will opportunities within our company to gain essential experience whilst working on exciting landscaping projects across Cheshire.
Depending on age recognised training will be offered e.g. NPTC Chainsaw and NPTC PA1-PA6 pesticides licence.
Things to consider
Driver is desired but not essential.
Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period.
About the employer
Landscape design and build in an innovative and growing business, specialising in landscape and garden design and nature conservation projects.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Reaseheath College
Level 2 Horticulture and Landscape Operative apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Reaseheath Training will be the apprenticeship training provider for this Apprenticeship. The employer will give guidance and support throughout and a mentor will be assigned to you.
Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period. Reaseheath Training also offer optional extra industry qualifications at additional cost.
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.