Early Years Practitioner Assistant Apprentice Claire Parker
Would you like a job where you get asked all sorts of personal questions every day? Where you can happily sing out of tune and dance like no one is watching? School's Out Rothley are looking to expand their enthusiastic team from August 2021. Think this is for you? Apply now!
Closing date: 23 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2021
28 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Main responsibilities to include:
- Promote structured and unstructured activities that encourage children to learn and develop, including through play
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of activities for small groups and individual pupils that promote children’s development
- Promote, observe, record and report on pupil performance and development, using assessment strategies to improve learning
- Contribute to the assessment of children’s progress in consultation with your mentor
- Promote child development, including pupil's self-reliance, self-esteem and emotional resilience
- Support the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development of pupils
- Support pupils to improve their early reading skills by becoming familiar with systematic synthetic phonics through focussed learning activities
- Support pupils to develop number skills by becoming familiar with using a range of strategies for developing early mathematical skills
- Promote the development of positive relationships and acceptable behaviour in accordance with school policy
- Develop positive relationships with colleagues, providing consistent and effective support and working constructively as a member of the school staff team
- To provide care and encouragement to children and young people with disabilities or special educational needs, supporting them to participate in activities
- To prepare and support the use of learning materials, monitor and maintain classroom resources, in order to ensure a stimulating, safe and relevant physical learning environment
Requirements and prospects
- Hard working
- Dedication to the job and Apprenticeship
- ability to plan, provide and evaluate a wide range of play and learning opportunities which meet children’s individual needs
- Ability to communicate effectively with all children, staff and families
- Caring and responsible
- Passion for working in Childcare
Apprentices with GCSE grades C/4 or above in English, maths are exempt from Functional Skills. If Apprentices have grade D/3 GCSE or complete an initial BKSB Assessment at Level 1 they can complete Level Functional Skills as required alongside their Apprenticeship.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This role is term time only with the chance of additional hours during school holidays. Wages will be paid over a 12 month period.
Additional training to take place at Loughborough College to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviours to accordance to this Apprenticeship. Please ensure you are able to travel before applying.
Loughborough College has the right to close this vacancy before the end date.
About the employer
School's Out operate a breakfast, after-school club and new Pre School (from August 2021) providing a safe and stimulating environment, where children are cared for between 7.30am and 6pm.
Based in the grounds of Rothley Primary School.
Activities vary from sports, games, art and craft, plus lots of outdoor play (weather permitting).
We are looking to recruit a trainee Early Year's Practitioner to join our happy, sociable team.
You will need to be hard working, fun and as happy to work outside as you are indoors, planning and facilitating fun learning experiences for all children.
We have an amazing outdoor environment, in a unique location away from busy roads and cars.
A strong safeguarding awareness is a priority for everyone working on the School’s Out team and so an ongoing part of your training will be around this.
You will also need to be a great team worker, who is happy to take on any task as required.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch.
*Onsite at Rothley Primary School*
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Hayley Cousins 01509 618019 email@example.com
- L3 Apprenticeships Standard in Early Years Educator
- L3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- L2 Functional Skills English and maths (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
End-point assessment (EPA) is the final stage that an apprentice goes through to complete their Apprenticeship. The Apprentice must show their learning to an independent end-point assessor and the grades available are distinction, pass or fail. The EPA will consist of: A knowledge test - Multiple Choice test. A professional discussion underpinned by the portfolio - This assessment method will offer a full synoptic assessment of the Apprentice, testing aspects of knowledge, skills and behaviours. It will allow the Apprentice to evidence both the knowledge gained and its application through skills and behaviours. The discussion will allow the assessor to thoroughly test understanding through open and follow up (clarification) questions.
This Apprenticeship consists of a mixture of blended learning in the work place and optional taught delivery at Loughborough College. The taught element will be every other Friday for the duration of the practical delivery of the Apprenticeship.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.