Hospitality Team Member Apprentice Miaitalia Ltd
The position available is an introductory post to cover all aspects of the restaurant operation. This includes the opportunity to work Front of House greeting and serving customers, as well as an overview of food preparation and pizza kitchen.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2021
26 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
To join a busy team, working alongside skilled and experienced hospitality operators who are happy to pass on their help and support to provide a new starter with a fantastic experience. As well as work at Miaitalia, there is a further opportunity to work at our gelato (ice cream) parlour in Morecambe – and assist with some production of our award-winning gelato.
This position would suit someone who would like a comprehensive introduction to catering and hospitality, with an interest in working flexibly and with versatility.
Daily duties to include some or all of;
- Restaurant setup
- Receiving and processing customer enquiries/bookings, over the phone and email
- Food preparation
- Front of House service, to include greeting customers/ seating customers
- Table service
- Food orders/reservations over the phone
- Generally assisting food production/cooking
- General cleaning
Requirements and prospects
Initially, none in particular – just an openness and willingness to learn through hard work and dedication.
- A happy disposition with an openness to learn
- Well mannered and polite, with an interest and passion in service/food preparation for the enjoyment of others
- An understanding to work with and for other team members, to help further a productive and enjoyable experience for all staff
4 GCSE’s at grades A*- D (9-4) including maths and English (or equivalent).
Candidates who have not attended an Apprenticeship Interview at LMC prior to Interview must achieve at least a Level 1 on the Initial Assessment to be complete prior to enrolment.
Continued employment within our group of businesses.
Things to consider
Primary site in Bolton-le-Sands, which has a reasonable bus service, but other arrangements may need to be made for late evening finish times.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Award-winning pizzeria in Bolton-le-Sands. Opened in 2013, Miaitalia serves Neapolitan pizza to dine in, or take home. Selection of awards include winner of ‘Best Pizzeria’ at U.K. Italian Awards 2016, ‘Family Dining of the year’ Lancashire Life Food&Drink Awards 2018 and National Winner of ‘Best Italian Establishment’ at Food England Awards 2019. With a covered and heated outside dining area, the restaurant is a busy, bustling environment, enjoying fantastic support from locals and diners from further afield.
LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lancaster & Morecambe College
Mhairi MacVicar 01524 521483 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Hospitality team member standard
- Relevant training will be provided through Lancaster & Morecambe College in order to successfully complete the Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Programme, subject to attending an Apprenticeship Preparation Training Session here at Lancaster & Morecambe College
- Functional Skills may be required
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.