Support Worker Apprentice INDEPENDENT SUPPORT LIMITED
We are looking for warm, positive and enthusiastic individuals to provide person centered support to people with learning disabilities. You will work to make a difference and promote independence whilst enabling people to enjoy a fulfilling and valued life.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
27 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
An excellent opportunity has become available for an apprentice to join the team at Independent Support. You will give support to both clients and team members in this rewarding role.
Duties will include:
- Giving non-discriminatory care to service users
- Record and report all relevant information
- Working with therapists and doctors to ensure consistancy of support
- Supporting and monitoring healthcare and needs
- Teaching life skills and supporting new hobbies and interests
- Helping with personal hygiene e.g toiletting
- Support with eating and drinking
- Helping clients to access community facilities
- Cleaning and cooking will be required on a rota basis
- Planning and delivering activites to service users
Requirements and prospects
- Good timekeeping
- Team player
- Good communication skills
The ideal candidate will have a friendly and compassionate personality. Candidates will need to have a mature attitude to work and be able to remain calm in difficult situations.
GCSE Grade 4/C or equivalent qualification in English and maths.
To be decided upon completion of training.
Things to consider
Candidates will need to pass a DBS check to start the role.
Candidates may be required to work late due to day trips.
About the employer
Independent support provide person centred care and support solutions for individuals with learning disabilities within a residential, supported living and community placements.
Our staff provide appropriate support to people and do not discriminate against them. We enhance the quality of people’s lives by assisting them to develop confidence and new skills.
Performance Through People
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Performance Through People
The Apprenticeship Works 01922651100 email@example.com
Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills, if required
- Care certificate
- Training around Autism, learning diability and others specific to the role
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.