Apprentice Early Years Practitioner Rainbow Day Nursery Crostone
To work in a small team of Early Years practitioners to foster an environment which encourages children’s development whilst developing your own knowledge and skills. We are looking to recruit a level 2 apprentice but will also consider level 3 applicants.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2021
27 May 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful applicant will gain an understanding of the EYFS and:
- Be able to plan and implement activities which are appropriate for the developmental stages of the children in our care
- You will supervise children at play, both indoors and outdoors, at mealtimes and at sleep times
- You will participate in the keyworker system with support from other qualified members of staff by observing each child’s progress and development
- You will ensure that daily routines are implemented throughout the day and risk assessments, outdoor checks and cleaning routines are completed on a daily basis
- You will adhere to all national, local and company policies and procedures and develop good relationships with children, parents, and staff
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Willing to learn
- Good interactions
- Good team worker
4 GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Progression onto the level 3 apprenticeship upon completion.
Things to consider
Things to consider:
In order to progress your application, we will require you to complete additional paperwork and complete a BKSB assessment. The information will be sent via email if you meet the entry requirements set by the employer and linked training provider for the vacancy. Please check your junk mail whilst the vacancy is open.
Until we receive the above, we are unable to progress your application so please monitor your emails.
For more information on the NMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are a small private day nursery situated above McColls on Station Road in Croston. We are open for 51 week per year from 7am until 6pm and cater for babies and children between the ages of 0 and 8 years.
Rainbow Day Nursery Crostone
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Kirsty Gregory Gregory.firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Main learning objectives: Supporting child development, safeguarding, protection and welfare, health and safety of babies and young children, responsibilities of the early years practitioner, planning and delivering activities and purposeful play, partnership working.
End-Point Assessment (EPA): Towards the final few months of the apprenticeship you will complete your End Point Assessment. This includes a professional discussion underpinned by portfolio. A knowledge test. All assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO.
This Apprenticeship is completed within the workplace. You will be assessed through written work, verbal discussion, and observation throughout your training. You will be given time by your employer to complete portfolio work, attend training, workplace shadowing and any other opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.