Community Sport & Health Officer Apprenticeship Torquay United Fc Community Sports And Education Trust
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the coaching community at Torquay United in the Community Trust. Working alongside our talented and passionate coaches to plan, prepare and deliver sport related activities across South Devon
Closing date: 14 Aug 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
21 Aug 2021
27 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Summary of Duties
- To work with & support Senior Members of Staff on various different programmes within the Trust
- To deliver sport related activities across South Devon to schools and TUCST provision
- To plan, prepare and implement well-structured and progressive sport coaching programmes ensuring a high quality and enjoyable coaching experience centred on the needs of the participants
- To carry out administrative duties as necessary, maintain accurate attendance registers, carry out risk assessments, monitor and evaluate assessment of coaching sessions
- To be committed to continuous professional development relevant to the post and personal training needs supporting future career advancement
- To ensure that the safety of participates, volunteers and staff is prioritised at all times
The above list is not exhaustive and could change depending on the Trust's needs.
Requirements and prospects
- Being able to work as a part of a team
- Good communication
- Able to work on own initiative
- Keen learner
- A good sense of humour
- Actively enjoys sport, is a good team player
- English and maths to GCSE 4/C or equivalent
The successful candidate will go onto to receive job related training, undertake any further courses within the Outdoor Industry area plus the possibility of a job should one become available at the end of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Torquay United Community Sports Trust exists to provide opportunities for all sections of our community, using sport and healthy living to drive up aspiration and participation.
We pride ourselves in showing professionalism in everything we do, offering a consistent quality service, building new partnerships across the community and working closely with Torquay United Football Club.
It is a great honour to be the charitable arm of Torquay United, celebrating the rich history of our football club, while forging a new and inclusive relationship with the whole community.
Torquay United Fc Community Sports And Education Trust
SOUTH DEVON COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Devon College
Lenka Rowsell Lenkarowsell@southdevon.ac.uk
On the job training will be given plus you will attend college to cover off the Knowledge, Skills and behaviours of the Standard.
- Community Sport and Health Officer Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills English and Maths at a L2 also if required
Potentially opportunities for extra training courses including online learning throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship.
Community sport and health officer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.